(Senior) Java Developer f/m
- Hamburg, Germany
Smaato is the global real-time advertising platform for mobile publishers and app developers. Smaato runs the world’s largest independent mobile ad exchange and has been pioneering innovative, mobile-first solutions for publishers since 2005.
Smaato’s SPX is a global, intelligent, and free to use self-service platform built to solve the mobile monetization challenge for its over 90,000 mobile app developers and publishers. The company’s worldwide reach and extensive network of demand partners provides a massive inventory of advertisers with one single integration. Smaato manages up to 10 billion ads every day around the world, across over 1 billion mobile users each month.
Smaato is hiring a Java Developer due to growth and demand within our industry. This is an opportunity to work for a world-class company providing an innovative platform product that could change the way the next generation understands advertising!
The Java Developer we are seeking for is experienced and passionate about software development, and is willing to support the development of our overall application ecosystem. Currently our platform, built with cutting edge technology, is processing around 6 billion inbound advertising queries per day. Each incoming request generates multiple outbound requests to our partners. The Senior Java Developer is a technologist and innovator who brings passionate inquisitiveness, primary research, and forward thinking to every assignment.
Daily activities will include:
- Developing solutions to User Story based requirements
- Mentoring more junior developers
- Engaging positively on the Scrum Team
- Building software to pass automated acceptance tests and delivery of Sprint commitments
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Java 7/8 and object-oriented software architectures
- Understanding of clean code principles
- Experience with popular frameworks, such as Spring Framework, Hibernate, JPA and Guice
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, API Design, REST services is an advantage
- Git, Maven, Jenkins, IDE Eclipse / IntelliJ, Jira and Confluence experience is a plus
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Work experience in distributed high performance web applications is a big plus
- Experience with database optimization both on RDMS and NoSQL systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Aerospike etc.)
- A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline. We reward this with numerous incentive programs, regular team events, fresh fruit in the office and fun activities
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Competitive salary and incentive programs such as employee shareholder programs, a HVV Proficard (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent, company pension plan and variable, success-oriented compensation
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and work-life-balance options
- An incredible office space with 360° view of Hamburg City and Harbor, with lounges and gaming rooms with foosball tables, PS 4 consoles and more!