(Senior) Data Engineer f/m
- Hamburg, Germany, Hamburg, Germany
Smaato is the global real-time advertising platform for mobile publishers and app developers. Smaato runs the world’s largest independent mobile ad exchange and has been pioneering innovative, mobile-first solutions for publishers since 2005.
Smaato’s SPX is a global, intelligent, and free to use self-service platform built to solve the mobile monetization challenge for its over 90,000 mobile app developers and publishers. The company’s worldwide reach and extensive network of demand partners provides a massive inventory of advertisers with one single integration. Smaato manages up to 10 billion ads every day around the world, across over 1 billion mobile users each month.
Smaato is expanding its product portfolio due to growth and demand within our industry. This is an opportunity to work for a world-class company providing an innovative platform product that could change the way the next generation understands advertising!
For our new SaaS platform, we are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer, who is passionate about processing large amounts of data. Currently, our cutting edge platform is processing an average of 3 billion inbound advertising queries per day. Each incoming request generates multiple outbound requests to our partners.
The Data Engineer is a technologist and innovator who brings passionate inquisitiveness, primary research, and forward thinking to every assignment. Daily activities will include developing solutions to User Story based requirements, mentoring more junior developers, engaging positively with the Scrum Team, building software to pass automated acceptance tests, and delivery of Sprint commitments. The Data Engineer will share responsibility for all team deliverables, and will favor informal communications with Product Owners and with other stakeholders within our company.
- Design, develop and deliver scalable, high-performance, real-time data processing and analysis software.
- You will be also responsible for evaluating and selecting the right technologies as well as working on the system architecture.
- Support the business and product stakeholders by developing new and innovative algorithms for analyzing the stored data
- Interact with our UI engineers to develop innovative ways of visualizing huge amounts of data.
- Work in an agile environment
- Work together with the product management team to incorporate the needs of our customers and help them manage their mobile advertising campaigns.
- Proven expertise in and deep understanding of data technologies and tools
- Working experience with at least one of the following technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Profound experience in programming with JVM languages
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Postgres, Vertica
- Able to solve complex problems as well as work out relevant KPIs from a multitude of data and constantly optimize these
- Knowledge and experience in BI tools such as Tableau or similar is an advantage
- Experience in statistics methods, machine learning and AI is a plus
- A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline. We reward this with numerous incentive programs, regular team events, fresh fruit in the office and fun activities
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Competitive salary and incentive programs such as employee shareholder programs, a HVV Proficard (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent, company pension plan and variable, success-oriented compensation
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and work-life-balance options
- An incredible office space with 360° view of Hamburg City and Harbor, with lounges and gaming rooms with foosball tables, PS 4 consoles and more!