Technical Support Engineer f/m
- Hamburg, Germany
Smaato is the global real-time advertising platform for mobile publishers and app developers. Smaato runs the world’s largest independent mobile ad exchange and has been pioneering innovative, mobile-first solutions for publishers since 2005.
Smaato’s SPX is a global, intelligent, and free to use self-service platform built to solve the mobile monetization challenge for its over 90,000 mobile app developers and publishers. The company’s worldwide reach and extensive network of demand partners provides a massive inventory of advertisers with one single integration. Smaato manages up to 6 billion ads every day around the world, across over 600 million mobile users each month.
The areas Technical Support Engineer are all about the customer, whose problems should be eliminated as soon as possible. Professional expertise, enthusiasm and a pleasant nature are the keys to your success in this position. Our support engineering team can solve complex problems through the implementation of action plans for our customers, our own expertise and through professional communication.
- Liaising with other members of the sales/account management teams and acting as technical experts.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations and producing support materials for other members and clients
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in knowledge of technology.
- Developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Investigate issues reported by our clients or internal teams and explore irregularities you find by monitoring our system
- Use a variety of tools, e.g. log analysis, SQL queries
- Coordinate the solution of identified issues with our partners, internal engineering and product teams
- Communicate any serious issues to internal and external stakeholders and keep them updated on their resolution
- Take charge of our systems in order to monitor our platform from the functional side, monitor fraud levels and other KPIs
- Work with external partners to find the best way to technically integrate our products & APIs into their systems and help them with any obstacles they may encounter
- 3-5 years work experience as developer, product manager, product support engineer or a similar job with a technical background, e.g. a degree in computer science
- Persistency as well as creativity to get to the bottom of complicated, inconsistent technical issues
- A curious and proactive mind set as well as a customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- A deep understanding of web and mobile technologies, especially in mobile advertising
- A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline. We reward this with numerous incentive programs, regular team events, fresh fruit in the office and fun activities
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Competitive salary and incentive programs such as employee shareholder programs, a HVV Proficard (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent, company pension plan and variable, success-oriented compensation
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and work-life-balance options
- An incredible office space with 360° view of Hamburg City and Harbor, with lounges and gaming rooms with foosball tables, PS 4 consoles and more!
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced technology based environment, we are interested in hearing from you.