Fitness Centre Receptionist
- Nairobi, Kenya, Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
At Smart Gyms we aim to have fun whilst delivering results and making a real contribution to the success of our staff and the business. Team members are handpicked for their ability and approach to delivering great service in everything that they do.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy a fit and healthy lifestyle so we have made it simple, affordable & convenient for everyone to achieve their personal health goals. Our job is to provide a great environment for members while working smart.
Job Description – Fitness Centre Receptionist
Responsible to: Fitness Centre Manager.
Responsible for: N/A
It is the organisation’s intention that this job description is seen as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the employee is accountable. However, the employee’s obligations are bound to vary and develop, so the job description should be seen as a guide and not as a permanent, definite and exhaustive statement.
The Fitness Centre Receptionists plays a critical role in providing a first class experience to members, prospective members and visitors to our facility.
Together with other members of the Fitness Centre Team, the Receptionists are ambassadors for the organisation and will be the first point of contact for enquiries, complaints and questions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main functions of the post holder are:
- Provide exceptional customer service experience to all members, non-members and users of the facility
- Enrolling new members and assisting current members with their queries
- Greeting members and users of the gym as they come through reception
- Checking in members and verifying memberships
- Registering prospective members and guiding them to the correct person
- Providing information on classes and availability
- Handling questions about cancellation of membership
- Ensuring that adequate stocks of information, packs and leaflets are available at reception for interested parties
- Ensuring the safety and security of visitors, members and staff at all times and taking a responsible attitude towards maintaining the premises and facilities of the Fitness Centre
- Serving customers, taking money for activities and accurately accounting or transactions at the end of each shift
- Welcoming members and visitors to the gym and providing accurate information concerning programmes and activities
- Creating an excellent first impression of the gym by providing a warm welcome, tidy appearance and pleasant manner at all times
- Handling telephone enquiries, recording messages from incoming calls and transferring calls
- Maintaining a clean and tidy environment, both behind and in front of the counter
- Recording and keeping clear and accurate records of all queries, complaints, lost property and repairs and ensuring the information is delegated to, and resolved by, the relevant department
- Cashing up and banking at the end of each shift and ensuring that shifts are balanced accurately completing relevant documentation
- Undertake other duties, of a similar professional nature and commensurate with the role, at the request of the Fitness Centre Manager
- Committed to working within a framework that encourages equality of opportunity and diversity
- Supportive of the Aims and Purposes of Smart Gyms
- Ability to attend work during evenings and weekends.
- Committed to ensuring the safety or members and guests at all times
- Uphold safe and efficient workplace policies and practices
- Undertake supervision and training
- Maintain records, and compile monitoring data as requested
Good level of secondary education – minimum Grade C in Maths and English
- Friendly and approachable with an outgoing personality
- Cooperative, positive and optimistic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic numeracy skills
- Ability to enjoy working with a diverse range of people
- Able to project self confidence in own abilities
- Able to prioritise work, handle pressure and take confident day-to-day decisions
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and over the telephone
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work outside normal office hours
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements