Web Sphere / Middleware Engineer Websphere
- Philadelphia, PA
Job Title : Web Sphere / Middleware Engineer (Websphere)
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Looking only for locals (In-person Interview)
The Middleware Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration, deployment, and production support of middleware products at Client.
This person will have deep knowledge in the middleware tools deployed at Client.
Responsible for ensuring new middleware products are designed and engineered to support requirements and production loads, and scaling the current infrastructure to meet new requirements or increased capacity loads.
Responsible for working with solution architects, application integrators, and application teams to integrate applications to the middleware infrastructure.
• Design and install middleware products.
• Create design and installation documents.
• Monitoring and scaling middleware infrastructure.
• Keeping middleware products up to date with security and product patches.
• Triaging infrastructure issues (24x7 support).
• Ensure standards and processes are in place for App teams to request middleware services.
• Ensure consistent technology delivery method.
• Maintain close working relationships and interfaces with vendors.
- Virtualization (VMware, Intel)
- Platform (RISC)
- Operating Systems (Windows Server, Windows Desktop)
- Operating Systems (AIX)
- Applications (J2EE. DotNet)
- Web and Application Servers (Websphere, IIS)
- Databases (Relational, SQL, DB2)
- Network (load balancer, DNS)
- Clusters (Windows OS, SQL)
- Storage (RAID, Mirror, Tiering, Replication, Virtualization)
- Operational (Capacity, Performance, Automation, High-Availability, DR)
Proficient in design and configuration of middleware products. Hands on experience. Large scale deployments.
- Websphere Application Server or other J2EE application servers (e.g., Weblogic)
- HP Loadrunner or other load testing tools (e.g., jmeter)
- Microsoft Service Center
Smart IMS -Empowering Enterprise Efficiency
103 Morgan Ln | Plainsboro NJ 08536
| Direct: 609-955-3035 | Fax : 732-626-6137
An MWBE and "GSA Schedule 70" Certified Company