Position: Network Engineer L2 (Load balancing)
Duration: Long term. (Could Be A Full-time Also)
Location: Richmond, VA.
- Bachelor of Science in Science or engineering discipline of 5 years of work related experience in production support.
- Good overall network background with an understanding of routing and switching protocols as well as application layer protocols.
- Subject matter expert with F5 products and Technology (GTM, LTM, SSL Offloading etc)
- Strong background with DNS.
- Strong understanding of different Load balancing options and features to include OneConnect, persistence, SSL offload functions, HTTP profiles, etc.
- Must have strong understanding of the Global Traffic Manager and iQuery functionality between LTM and GTM for a HA design.
- Must have a strong understanding of Web Traffic load balancing function and manipulation procedure along with sizing and capacity planning based on a high availability of DR Design.
- Advanced skills of designing, coding, and troubleshooting, iRules and iControl,
- Working knowledge of leveraging F5 devise for we acceleration and catching.
- Understand how to use net scout, infinistream, or other enterprose package, capture and analysis tools.
- Staff position for business day support with on-call responsibilities and some requirements fir working outside of normal business hours,
- Responsible for the day to day support activities for the eCommerce loadbalancing Infrastructure and applications.
- Review changes for potential load balancing related impacts and recommend improvements.
- Approves the changes to loadbalancing and DNS management alerts and threshold.
- Troubleshooting and instant resolution, including failover management, packet and log analysis and escalation to additional resources as appropriate to ensure timely resolution. Complies with companies change management control process.
- Participate in continues process improvement.
- Participates in project calls and works with internal banl groups and as well as LOB to geather detailed technical requirements and understand operational impacts.
- Able to perform implementations or provide necessary details to handover to implementation team as required.
- Responsible for operation documentation of end-to-end load balancing.
- Works with Engineering teams and external vendors (F5) for Cronic issues, bugs, feature enhancements.
- Review performance data during issues and daily to identify and enomalise.
- Provides postmortem and details for PPR process.
Smart IMS -Empowering Enterprise Efficiency
103 Morgan Ln | Plainsboro NJ 08536
| Direct: 609-955-3035 | Fax : 732-626-6137
An MWBE and "GSA Schedule 70" Certified Company