Network Engineer L2 (Routers/Switches)
- Richmond, VA
Position: Network Engineer L2 (Routers/Switches)
Duration: Long term. (Could Be A Full-time Also)
Location: Richmond, VA.
Looking only for Green Card holders and Citizens of USA.
- Bachelor of Science in Science or engineering discipline of 5 years of work related experience in production support.
- Good overall network background with an understanding of routing and switching protocols as well as application layer protocols in a DMZ and enterprise protocol environment.
- Subject Matter Expert with Cisco products and technology (Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K, 6500)
- Good understanding of Firewalls. Load balancers, Network protocols and as well as application layer protocols especially HTTP and SSL.
- Good understating and troubleshooting skills with BGP and routing protocols.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of Cisco Network Device Health, Determine routing path, ARP/CAM lookup and layer 2 traceroute, determine L2 errors and discord.
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS based switched platforms.
- Familiarity with L3 routing protocols.
- Comfortable in large Cisco based campus/data center switch environment with basic understanding of spanning tree, VLAN and HSRP.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
Understand how to use net scout, infinistream, or other enterprose package, capture and analysis tools.
Familiarity and experience with some of Nexus Protocols like VDC and Fabric Path.
CCN, CCNP or similar Network Certifications.
- Staff position for business day support with on-call responsibilities and some requirements fir working outside of normal business hours,
- Responsible for the day to day support activities for the eCommerce load balancing Infrastructure and applications.
- Review changes for potential load balancing related impacts and recommend improvements.
- Approves the changes to router and switch management alerts and thresholds.
- Approves the changes to loadbalancing and DNS management alerts and threshold.
- Troubleshooting and instant resolution, including failover management, packet and log analysis and escalation to additional resources as appropriate to ensure timely resolution. Complies with companies change management control process.
- Participate in continues process improvement.
- Participates in project calls and works with internal bank groups and as well as LOB to geather detailed technical requirements and understand operational impacts.
- Able to perorm implementations or provide necessary details to handover to implementation team as required.
- Responsible for operation documentation of end-to-end load balancing.
- Works with Engineering teams and external vendors (Cisco) for Chronic issues, bugs, feature enhancements.
- Review performance data during issues and daily to identify and anomalies.
- Provices postmortem and details for PPR process.
Smart IMS -Empowering Enterprise Efficiency
103 Morgan Ln | Plainsboro NJ 08536
| Direct: 609-955-3035 | Fax : 732-626-6137
An MWBE and "GSA Schedule 70" Certified Company