Application Integration Engineer (Websphere)
- Philadelphia, PA
Job Title : Application Integration Engineer (Websphere)
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Looking only for Green Card holders and Citizens
- The Application Integration Engineer is responsible for working with solution architects, application integrators, and application teams to integrate applications to the middleware infrastructure.
- Responsible for working with the Middleware Engineer to design, configure, deploy, and support of middleware products at client.
- Responsible for working with performance and monitoring team to define testing and monitoring requirements/plan for a particular application, and its execution.
- Responsible for ensuring new middleware products are designed and engineered to support requirements and production loads, and scaling the current infrastructure to meet new requirements or increased capacity loads.
- Integrating applications to middleware infrastructure.
- Developing best practices for integration.
- Ensure standards and processes are in place for App teams to request middleware services.
- Tracking application integration.
- Triaging infrastructure and application issues (24x7 support).
- Manage and prioritize integration demand.
- Assist middleware engineers in design and installation of middleware products.
- Create design and installation documents.
- Monitoring and scaling middleware infrastructure.
- Keeping middleware products up to date with security and product patches.
- Work with Operations and Managed Service Providers (MSP) (e.g., IBM) to define transition activities.
- Ensure consistent technology delivery method.
- Maintain close working relationships and interfaces with the application teams, architects, operational teams, and PMO
- Architecture Knowledge
- Technology Knowledge
- Technical Analysis
- Technology Assessment
- Production Support
- Virtualization (VMware, Intel)
- Operating Systems (Windows Server, Windows Desktop)
- Operating Systems (AIX)
- Applications (J2EE. DotNet)
- Web and Application Servers (Websphere, IIS)
- Databases (Relational, SQL, DB2)
- Network (load balancer, DNS)
- Clusters (Windows OS, SQL)
Proficient in design and configuration of middleware products. Hands on experience. Large scale deployments.
- Websphere Application Server or other J2EE application servers (e.g., Weblogic)
- Mainframe gateway products (e.g., DirectConnect)
- HP Loadrunner or other load testing tools (e.g., jmeter)
Smart IMS -Empowering Enterprise Efficiency
103 Morgan Ln | Plainsboro NJ 08536
| Direct: 609-955-3035 | Fax : 732-626-6137
An MWBE and "GSA Schedule 70" Certified Company