- 1100-333 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC V6B, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
As a Senior Programmer at Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI), you’re a talented and driven person who enjoys working on great projects. You have experience in a variety of areas of game development and are able and willing to work on any area of game programming needed, with a focus on full-stack development experience. You’re experienced in mentoring and training programmers and are interested in eventually moving into a leadership role.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the Lead Programmer & Technical Director to establish a unified technology vision for the project including writing and reviewing technical design documents;
- Produce high-quality, efficient, clean, and modular code;
- Show proactivity in identifying tasks/problems that need tackling, outside of known scheduled work, from refactoring to bug fixing;
- Provide mentorship and training for programmers to create an atmosphere of cooperation and learning;
- Provide and accept feedback on all aspects of code quality (performance, readability, testability, design).
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 5+ years’ experience as a programmer in the game industry and or related field;
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- Passion for playing and creating innovative games – you consider yourself a gamer;
- Shipped at least one game as a senior or lead programmer;
- A natural affinity for being strongly self-motivated and an independent worker;
- Expert working knowledge of C++, Standard Library and Object Oriented Design;
- Strong understanding of general and 3D math, statistics and probability;
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, proven ability to tackle hard problems in creative ways;
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills;
- A positive attitude with a desire to work within a team environment towards a common goal;
- Impressive ability to estimate work load and execute on the work in the time estimated.
It would also be great if you had experience with:
- Any of the following languages, C#, Java, Lua, HLSL/Cg shaders;
- Mobile: iOS, Android;
- Test Driven Development;
- Visual Studio, Perforce;
- Unit testing and TDD for server development;
- C# server environments, AWS, Azure, GCP;
- Running a live server environment and supporting operations.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.