- 333 Seymour St #1100, Vancouver, BC V6B, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is an industry leading independent game development studio focused on creating revolutionary gaming experiences. It was founded in 2007 by the award-winning industry veterans and creative forces behind Company of Heroes™. Since that time SGI has developed a wide range of games- from original IP, AAA game concepts, to mobile apps, console titles, and even immersive online experiences.
As a Marketing Artist at Smoking Gun (SGI), you’re a talented, resourceful, and versatile artist with lots of ideas and exceptional ability to leverage and manipulate existing and new art assets into polished, usable video and static formats across a wide range of mediums. You’ll create high-fidelity promotional assets including advertising and web graphics, social media and UA creatives, posters, videos, swag, and more for both our games and the company. You possess high level 2D, motion graphics, and design skills.
In this role, you will:
- Create high-fidelity cross-platform advertising, app store, social media, and UA creative assets for our games and company;
- Produce on-brand videos and statics for marketing, community, streaming purposes for our games and the company;
- Work closely with Marketing, Community, and UA specialists, and other artists in the company to plan, create and deliver best content within required timelines;
- Conceptualize, research, create, test, and iterate on creatives and their messaging following creative direction;
- Take part in marketing discussions, reviews of asset performance, and planning of next steps;
- Utilize game editor to capture high-quality footage and screenshots;
- Assist in asset creation of in-game events, and visual branding assets of our games and the company online;
- Take ownership of visual FX implementation for both static and animated assets, fonts and multiple font treatments, and graphic styles;
- Solve creative issues using commercial software solutions and in-house tools;
- Maintain knowledge of digital media requirements for social platforms;
- Support and assist Production and Art Director in any other required duties.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable graphic design or artist position;
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative high-fidelity designs;
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Master Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate;
- Proficiency in video editing with After Effects and Adobe Premiere, or equivalent software;
- Exceptional eye for composition, contrast, and color;
- The ability to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process;
- Strong English communication skills – Oral and Written;
- Basic WordPress knowledge to perform website and content updates;
- Stellar organizational skills and able to work to deadlines;
- Knowledge and passion for video games.
It would also be helpful if you had:
- Prior experience with the game industry or in a video game studio;
- Knowledge of marketing and social media platforms;
- Experience working with 3D game assets, produce hi-resolution renders;
- Experience and skills with web design;
- Strong 2D/ graphic design skills.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.