Quality Assurance Director
- Solna, Sweden
Whether it's through lack of control, lack of understanding or lack of compliance, Snow believes that most organizations today end up paying for software they don´t use.
To address this, Snow provides Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions designed to ensure that the $326 billion spent every year on enterprise software is money well spent – ensuring organizations have the appropriate licenses for the software they use – not too many, not too few.
6,000 organizations worldwide rely on Snow to optimize their licensing, across more than 11 million devices, ranging from mobile phones to desktop computers, into datacenters and the cloud.
The Quality Assurance Director will be responsible for the overall quality, working with the whole organization, but closest to the quality assurance team members. This means developing, enhancing and managing the software testing strategies and processes as well as finding and drive the resolution of root causes to perception of poor quality that might lay outside of product development. The QA specific resources are all part of the agile team structure within engineering and report directly to the team’s Engineering Manager.
At Snow Software, we include everyone in our QA efforts, not only the QA Engineers and QA technicians. The primary responsibility of this role is therefore to lead our efforts in building a best-in-class quality assurance competency for both the QA specific roles as well as the software engineers, architects and team managers. Guaranteeing the quality of our software deliverables, combined with enabling short release-release cycles, will require outstanding leadership and innovation.
This position is vital to the delivery of our Product Portfolio and requires the ability to influence continuous improvements in processes such as requirements gathering and documentation, source code control, code review, configuration management, test automation and release management.
Reports to VP of Engineering.
- Manage the QA function
- Foster an environment of collaboration, respect and continuous learning
- Provide technical QA leadership for our Software engineers and QA engineers
- In collaboration with the Engineering Managers, provide career development, mentoring and ongoing support for the QA specific roles
- Develop and execute product testing strategy and plans
- Identify appropriate test strategies, test environment requirements and activities based on application-specific technical and functional characteristics
- Work with the team to architect application test frameworks and infrastructure
- Drive continued adoption of test automation strategies and technologies, staying abreast of current industry trends and best practices. Work to integrate automated testing into the Agile SDLC.
- Define, document and improve our testing standards, tools, procedures and guidelines
- Drive strategic initiatives to reduce time to market, increase quality and expand test automation
- Conduct trend and root cause analysis and determine risk mitigation strategies
- Establish quality metrics and tracking mechanisms
- Create dashboard(s) that provide increased visibility into key metrics and trends. Identify actionable items from this data analysis and use to drive the appropriate improvements across the development team
- Collaborate with DevOps in the management of multiple application environments, includig QA, UAT, Staging, etc., and the code contained therein
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- Preferably ten or more years of software testing or development experience
- 5+ years of experience in leading and mentoring QA teams comprised of both manual and automation test engineers
- Experience with continuous integration and test-driven development
- Ability to manage and direct at all levels of testing including unit, functional, automation, regression, performance and scalability testing
- Experience testing .NET and web-based applications using several desktop and mobile browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.).
- Experience developing a successful automated testing strategy using multiple tools (such as UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI, Jenkins)
- Ability to dive deep into technical issues
- Strong history of delivering successful projects with high quality
- Strong management and coordination skills, including ability to manage/support individual team members in cross-functional team dynamics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English). Good team player who shares knowledge and experience with team members
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
This role will continually interface with key stakeholders in product development and act as the subject matter expert for the QA function.
- Business - Product Owners/Specialists, Product Managers
- Technology - Engineering teams, Engineering operations, DevOps, Management
- Customer Success – Support, Services