Director of User Experience
- Solna, Sweden
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
In the role as Director of User Experience, you will lead a team of UX designers and researchers, ensuring team competence growth and collaboration with other functions. You drive the strategic direction of how UX design practices are applied to impact the customer’s product experience in a positive way.
In this leadership role, you will be extremely knowledgeable across the various UX disciplines and are expected to build and grow the skill sets of the more junior designers in the team.
You will collaborate closely with product management, engineering, other designers, and executive leadership to provide new and improved customer experiences from concept to launch. As Director of User Experience, you take ultimate ownership and responsibility for the quality of product experiences delivered to customers.
- Continuously improve and evangelize UX processes in the organization
- Direct the strategic goals of UX within the organization to align with company vision and mission
- Assess the needs for UX expertise in the organization and prioritize resources
- Build, lead and grow a highly collaborative team of designers and researchers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the Snow product ecosystem to develop better experiences for our customers
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and design reviews along with quick, iterative user research for ideation and concept refinement.
To succeed in this role, you must have…
- Proven mastery in UX design practices and methodologies
- Proven proficiency in leading a team of UX designers and researchers
- Previous experience leading UX design practices within an agile product development context
- Previous experience defining an organizational-level UX strategy balancing business goals, technical capabilities & customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Excellent understanding of the impact of design for the business
- Deep knowledge and understanding of agile principles and values
- A portfolio showcasing your design capabilities
It's also nice if you have…
- A degree in Interaction Design, Human-computer interaction, or other technology + design related area of study
- Expertise using tools such as Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq or InVision
- You can zoom in and out as necessary, being a systems thinker by nature
- You enjoy and encourage working in a cross-collaborative setting, leveraging diversity and open feedback
- You can adapt to business and organizational needs, understanding the importance of reacting to change in an agile environment
- You are skilled at communicating the thought process behind the design to multiple stakeholders at all levels, in different ways, depending on the context
As a person you are:
- A dedicated team player
- Equipped with a strong growth mindset
- Curious and inquisitive
- Acting with honesty, integrity and strong sense of ethics
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.