- Charlotte, NC
SoComm is a premier provider of Integrated Technology Solutions. We speicialize in Inside Plant, Outside Plant, Wireless Networks and Business Solutions. Visit us at www.gosocomm.com for more information.
Cell Tower Climbers
Telecommunications Support Company seeking experienced Cellular/Wireless Climbers for full time work. We are looking for Certified Climbers with testing experience.
This is Full time work based out of Charlotte. We will be conducting wireless work throughout Carolina’s, Georgia, Florida and Tennessee.
- Perform cell tower duties such as assembling, installation of antennas, installing coax cables and connectors, fiber optics.
- Will be responsible for grounding during installation of equipment
- Perform installation new carriers on existing structures, antennas and microwave dishes
- Read plans, drawings and understand project schedules for timely installation and testing
- Install and test all grounding systems.
- Able to lift over 50 lb. (Load and unload equipment and site inventory during mobilization)
- Assist with project and construction project builds, moves and adds.
- Will install all telecommunication lines such as coax, fiber and LMR
- Be assigned to a team that will install a variety of equipment from other cellular carriers
- Maintain, enforce and practice all OSHA policies and job safety protocols on the job site.
- Receive and follow specific instructions from the Foreman on installations.
- High School Diploma/GED minimum
- At least 3 years of experience in telecommunications construction.
- Climbing and Safety Training (Must be certified climb and rescue)
- VSWR (Sweep) Testing (online training or certification) would be a plus
Selected candidates will perform the duties as directed by the project manager or foreman. There is plenty of work on this long term project and we need hard working self motivated professionals on the job. We are a rapidly growing company and would love to have the right team to grow with us. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Pass pre-employment drug test
- Have a valid drivers license
- Able to climb several hundred feet on various structures (not afraid of heights)
- Able to pass the sweep tester online training program
- Experience installing wireless cable lines
- Work within a Team or Crew
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, wind and cold weather)
- Must be in good health and physical condition.
- Must be a road warrior