Director of Business Development (SoapBox Elements)
- Alexandria, VA, USA, Alexandria, VA
SoapBox is a socially responsible personal care company with a mission to empower customers to make the world a better place through everyday, quality purchases. For every product sold, SoapBox donates either a bar of soap or clean water development to a person in need, either in homeless shelters/food pantries in the United States or NGO partners in various countries abroad. Our products are sold in Target, CVS, Whole Foods, Harris Teeter, Vitamin Shoppe, Giant Eagle, Earth Fare, New Seasons, and thousands of other stores across the country.
Our team is excited to work with people from all ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity of life and experience. Passionate, excited people are encouraged to apply!
SoapBox grew over 300% in the last year and is continuing to experience tremendous growth. Our current National Director for our SoapBox Elements line is moving on and we are looking for an extremely qualified candidate to fill their shoes. The ideal candidate would be an excellent brand manager, head of sales, operational guru, and a strategy and marketing genius. Our team is looking for someone who wants a challenge everyday, who is incredibly detail oriented, can lead project of people and things, likes enormous amounts of responsibility, and an individual who wants to make a difference for those who need it most.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for the overall performance of our SoapBox Elements product line. These products are currently sold nearly nationwide in Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, Harris Teeter, Giant Eagle’s Market District’s, H-E-B, Pharmaca, New Seasons, and various other natural retailers across the country and beyond. The Director would be leading the brand, vision, sales, marketing, distribution, promotional efforts, broker management, as well as various other tasks. Having an ability to switch between high-level strategy to line item data entry for new vendor forms is an essential skill set for this position.
The Director of Business Development would work alongside the CEO in projecting financial performance, cash flows, and other reports for investors and the board for the SoapBox Elements line, as well as the COO in forecasting demand, etc. This individual would be a crucial component to our team and daily operations.
This is not a normal job. SoapBox is a fast growing startup that has distribution in Target, CVS, Whole Foods, and various other retail accounts across the country. Our team doesn't require that you work 60-80 hour workweeks, but every member of our team does due to the amount of work that needs to be done. We are a goofy bunch that love to have fun, and we have moved mountains much faster than the rest of the industry has expected because we love what we do.
We're looking for the best of the best.
If you've been yearning for a leadership role where your sales, management, and marketing skills could truly make a difference in helping those in need both here at home and aboard while being apart of a rapidly growing startup, this is it.
• BA degree required
• 3-5 years industry experience in consumer package goods. Preference given to those in the natural space.
• Excellent organizational, follow-through, and fearless when approaching new customers. Ability to grow with SoapBox and take on new responsibilities.
• Sales experience in selling products into Whole Foods, UNFI, etc
• Advanced Excel skills required, including pivot tables, advanced functions, etc.
• Comfortable with providing information to management to identify issues that impact financial results, both positively and negatively.
• Ability to develop reports and maintenance of sales goals and forecasts
• Must be able to work efficiently as a self-starter, and within a team.
• Ability to calculate monthly commissions for sales brokers based off distributor and independent sales data.
• Ability to parse data and discover helpful business tracking and improvement analytics.
• Someone who is open, honest, professional, humble, hungry, and smart. These are some of SoapBox's core values.
• Willingness to travel as need, and work on weekends for tradeshows and meetings.
• Must work from our headquarters office in Alexandria, VA full-time.
Mission Statement: SoapBox empowers our customers to make the world a better place through everyday, quality purchases.
Our Character: Open, Honest, Professional
Our People: Humble, Hungry, & Smart
Our Methods: Imaginative, Resilient, & Quirky
Our Growth: Rapid, Lean, & Sustainable
Our Products: Mission-Driven, Quality, & Accessible
Our Giving: Empowerment-Driven, Community Lead, & Sustainably focused
Please send us your resume, at least 4 references, and a simple cover letter telling us why you are the best pick for an interview.