Software Support/Website Design
- Mesa, AZ
IMPORTANT: No Recruiters and No Phone Calls.
Socious is a company that has been around for over 14 years. We offer our association management and online community software to national associations and large user groups. We compete against much bigger companies, and often win, due to our powerful software and dedication to customer service.
Do you want to work for a company that has won the award of being a Best Places to Work in Phoenix and a Best Places to Work in Arizona? Do you hate wearing suits and dressing up in the desert heat? Are you not afraid to work in a fast moving company that is growing and looking for creative input from their employees? If this sounds like you, then maybe you have found your next great work adventure and we have found our next dream employee!
Socious employees enjoy a significant amount of perks and professional freedom. Our work environment is not stuffy. We wear jeans and polos to work. We do company outings and team lunches. We have monthly in-house visits from a massage therapist and chiropractor. And most of all management genuinely cares for our employees.
Learn more about Socious, its customers, and its culture here: http://socious.com/about-us/
This is a great opportunity to work for a small company and make a big impact! The Socious software includes numerous proprietary tools used to run private, web-based client communities for large associations and organizations. You will work directly with our clients to provide training, education, and maintenance for their sites. You will regularly help in troubleshooting, configuring, and enhancing sites for our clients. In addition, you will be actively involved with design and development teams in supporting the product to propel our software forward.
Local candidates are preferred (no relocation assistance is provided). We are looking for a highly motivated individual with enthusiasm, an outstanding work ethic, and the desire to learn and grow with our organization.
• Capable of using HTML5/CSS/CSS3 and W3C standards. Bootstrap and responsive design experience a must
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and other industry-standard design tools as well as design principles, trends, and typography
• Strong problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
• Highly motivated, with a strong desire to continuously learn new skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in lay terms.
• Ability to interface confidently and professionally with customers of various skill sets
• Strong organizational and project coordination skills
• Ability to work independently while juggling multiple projects on a deadline
• Experience in training a general audience on technical, web-based tools
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (outlook, word, excel)
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Four-year accredited Bachelor's degree in design, IT, software, or related field
• Ability to create documentation for repeatable processes and projects
• Run GoToMeetings and troubleshoot/demonstrate tools for clients
• Experience with web-based content posting tools
• Familiarity with social media and social-networking applications
- Socious covers the full cost of an employee's medical, dental and vision insurance. Additional dependents and family coverage optional and at cost to employee.
- Employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan immediately. Socious will match contributions at a rate of 100% of the first 3% of salary and 50% of the next 2% of salary. All matching is vested immediately.
- Employees accrue 8 hours of time off per month (12 days per year). This time may be used for either sick days or vacation. At any time, an employee may borrow up to 40 hours of future accruable paid time off. Socious observes 9 paid holidays each year (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve Day). Plus, two Floating Holidays to be used at your discretion.