Online Community Specialist
- Mesa, AZ
IMPORTANT: No Recruiters and No Phone Calls.
Socious is a company that has been around for over 14 years. We offer our association management and online community software to national associations and large user groups. We compete against much bigger companies, and often win, due to our powerful software and dedication to customer service.
Do you want to work for a company that has won the award of being a Best Places to Work in Phoenix and a Best Places to Work in Arizona? Do you hate wearing suits and dressing up in the desert heat? Are you not afraid to work in a fast moving company that is growing and looking for creative input from their employees? If this sounds like you, then maybe you have found your next great work adventure and we have found our next dream employee!
Socious employees enjoy a significant amount of perks and professional freedom. Our work environment is not stuffy. We wear jeans and polos to work. We do company outings and team lunches. We have monthly in-house visits from a massage therapist and chiropractor. And most of all management genuinely cares for our employees.
Learn more about Socious, its customers, and its culture here: http://socious.com/about-us/
Socious is seeking an intrapreneurial self-starter to become an integral part of our Online Community Services team. As a Socious Community Specialist, you will be responsible for driving day-to-day operations of a diverse portfolio of our clients’ global online communities. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to diversify their knowledge of online community types (outside of social media sites) and integrated business strategies.
- Develop custom content, marketing and audience engagement plans for online communities
- Provide technical support and customer service for Socious clients and community users
- Think creatively to develop tailored engagement tactics and value delivery methods
- Collect, analyze and share community-related data with relevant stakeholders
- Seek and collate audience feedback to shape community management practices
- Play a key role in further developing Socious’s Online Community Services by gathering customer insights and collaborating on new concepts
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a fully-accredited college or university
- You are a go-getter; you naturally go into brainstorming mode as soon as you are presented with an issue, and have no problem executing the extent of the solution independently, from start to finish
- You are a team player; you understand that asking for guidance is a sign of strength and, in turn, crave opportunities to throw your own ideas into the ring to help others
- You are a data geek; you can give examples of how you have used data to pursue successful outcomes
- You are a rock star with MS Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint and HTML
- You are not only an excellent communicator – both verbal and written – but you also understand the communications psychology behind every email, phone call, letter and piece of content you produce
- Socious covers the full cost of an employee's medical, dental and vision insurance. Additional dependents and family coverage optional and at cost to employee.
- Employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan immediately. Socious will match contributions at a rate of 100% of the first 3% of salary and 50% of the next 2% of salary. All matching is vested immediately.
- Employees accrue 8 hours of time off per month (12 days per year). This time may be used for either sick days or vacation. At any time, an employee may borrow up to 40 hours of future accruable paid time off. Socious observes 9 paid holidays each year (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve Day). Plus, two Floating Holidays to be used at your discretion.