Member Services Coordinator
- Mesa, AZ
Founded in 2002, Socious offers the industry’s most complete online community software to large and mid-sized businesses, associations, and user groups. The Socious platform includes private social networking, customer communication tools, advanced segmentation, forums, collaboration tools, and a full mobile platform to help organizations increase sales, retention, and member engagement.
Learn more about Socious, its customers, and its culture.
This position will be dedicated full time to a non-profit customer (Higher Education User Group). This position will encompass four main areas within the organization; Membership Services, Website, Communications, and Education Services.
The position assists the Director of Member Services and Executive Director with overall implementation and maintenance of processes and content on the HEUG.Online website. The Member Services Coordinator will become very proficient in the use of HEUG.Online tools and will be responsible for building strong, working relationships with the board and committee members in order to further the mission of the organization.
The following items consist of the major tasks this position will perform:
- Daily support of members both international and domestic, to answer questions and assist in the needs of members regarding the organization and website content
- Works closely with various committees to generate agendas, meeting reminders, facilitate calls and take minutes
- Other service related tasks requested by HEUG as delegated by Director of Membership Services
- Work closely with vendor partners on various aspects of their service package
- Manage various aspects of the Higher Education User Group membership program
- Generate reports as needed
- Creating content areas and adding content
- Develop surveys
- Implement and maintain member update process on a quarterly basis
- Adding new groups and users putting them in proper categories
- Manage and update master communications schedule for organization
- Work closely with vendor for translation needs
- Creating and release of some social media content and messaging
- Review and edit of major communications prior to release
- Create training for new global members (webinars, documentation, etc.)
- Recruit educational webinar presenters using various tools and resources
- Train presenters and facilitate webinars through GoToWebinar
- Set up webinars using Online Store function and manage On Demand archives of trainings.
Other tasks as required by Member Services Director or Executive Director
Eligible candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree. 1-3 years of work experience highly desirable. Very strong interpersonal skills are required for this position. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are crucial. Candidate must be a team player with the ability to work with other staff members, vendors and the membership. Must be able to organize and coordinate multiple projects. Critical thinking and ability to work independently are necessary. Candidates must have intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel and email. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Candidates with experience using internet applications, SMS experience and with extensive social media experience, as well as bi-lingual candidates, speaking at least one of the following languages are highly encouraged to apply:
- Socious covers the full cost of employee health and dental insurance. Additional dependents and family coverage optional and at cost to employee.
- Employee eligible to participate in 401k plan immediately. Socious will match contributions at a arate of 100% of the first 3% of salary and 50% of the next 2% of salary. All matching is vested immediately.
- Employees accrue 8 hours of time off per month (12 days per year). This time may be used for either sicks days or vacation. At any time an employee may borrow up to 40 hours of future accruable paid time off. Socious observes 7 paid holidays each year (New Yeas Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday, and Christmas Day.