Online Community Manager
IMPORTANT: No Recruiters and No Phone Calls.
Since 2002, Socious has provided social community software to large and mid-sized businesses, user groups, and associations. The Socious platform keeps over 1 million customers engaged for many of the world’s top companies and membership organizations.
Socious also provides services to its clients, including membership management, event management, and online community management.
Located in the Mesa/Gilbert area of Phoenix’s East Valley, Socious was recently named a Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Socious’s senior management places a premium on creating a healthy and evolving business culture. From professional development and casual dress to massages and Friday Fundays, Socious employees enjoy a significant amount of perks and professional freedom.
Learn more about Socious, its customers, and its culture here: http://socious.com/about-us/
Socious is seeking an intrapreneurial self-starter to become an integral part of our Online Community Services team. As a Socious Online Community Manager, you will be responsible for driving the direction and day-to-day operations of a diverse global online community. This is an excellent opportunity for the online community professional who wants to diversify their knowledge of community types and integrated business strategies.
- Develop custom content, marketing and audience engagement plans for online communities
- Provide technical support and customer service for community users
- Think creatively to develop new design concepts and graphics
- Collect, analyze and present community-related data to relevant stakeholders
- Seek and collate audience feedback to drive the online community strategy
- Play a key role in further developing Socious’s Online Community Services by gathering customer insights and collaborating on new concepts
In exchange for your hard work, we offer competitive pay, paid health insurance for the employee and immediate vesting in our 401K where we also match a portion of your contribution. Our work environment is not stuffy, we wear jeans and polo shirts to work, we do company outings and team lunches and most of all management genuinely cares for our employees.
If this sounds good to you send your resume to us at socious.com/jobs. Include your salary requirements and specific experience in doing this type of community management along with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a full-accredited college or university
- You have community building (not social media management) experience under your belt
- You are a go-getter; you naturally go into brainstorming mode as soon as you are presented with an issue, and have no problem executing the extent of the solution independently, from start to finish
- You are a team player; you understand that asking for guidance is a sign of strength and, in turn, crave opportunities to throw your own ideas into the ring to help others
- You are a data geek; you can tell us key online community performance indicators off the top of your head and give examples of how you have used them to pursue successful outcomes
- You are a rock star with MS Word, Excel, Photoshop, PowerPoint, HTML and CSS
- You are not only an excellent communicator – both verbal and written – but you also understand the communications psychology behind every email, phone call, letter and piece of content you produce
- The ability to work full time from Socious's Gilbert, Arizona office. This is not an opportunity for remote candidates.
- Socious covers the full cost of an employee's health and dental insurance. Additional dependents and family coverage optional and at cost to employee.
- Employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan immediately. Socious will match contributions at a rate of 100% of the first 3% of salary and 50% of the next 2% of salary. All matching is vested immediately.
- Employees accrue 8 hours of time off per month (12 days per year). This time may be used for either sick days or vacation. Two floating holidays are also granted. Socious observes 9 paid holidays each year (New Year’s Eve and Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday, and Christmas Eve and Day).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines