Senior PHP Programmer
- Mesa, AZ
IMPORTANT: No Recruiters and No Phone Calls.
Socious is a company that has been around for over 14 years. We offer our association management and online community software to national associations and large user groups. We compete against much bigger companies, and often win, due to our powerful software and dedication to customer service.
Do you want to work for a company that has won the award of being a Best Places to Work in Phoenix and a Best Places to Work in Arizona? Do you hate wearing suits and dressing up in the desert heat? Are you not afraid to work in a fast moving company that is growing and looking for creative input from their employees? If this sounds like you, then maybe you have found your next great work adventure and we have found our next dream employee!
Socious employees enjoy a significant amount of perks and professional freedom. Our work environment is not stuffy. We wear jeans and polos to work. We do company outings and team lunches. We have monthly in-house visits from a massage therapist and chiropractor. And most of all management genuinely cares for our employees.
Learn more about Socious, its customers, and its culture here: http://socious.com/about-us/
Socious is seeking Senior PHP Programmers to continue the growth of our software platform which is redefining association management software. We expect someone who is eager to learn but is also excited to share their own perspective and knowledge to make our software incredible.
We highly value potential and drive, but we are also looking for candidates with experience using the technologies we use. We have a SAAS Web platform architected on some common technologies including PHP (object oriented using our proprietary framework) on Apache using Jquery and MySQL. We use Git for source control and we use PHPUnit to make our code more resilient. Jedi-like skill is not required; however, these are the technologies you will be working with on a day-to-day basis, so knowledge is power.
The ideal candidate for the Senior PHP Programmer position will meet most (if not more) of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proven track record of delivering software projects
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging abilities
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge
- Experience with software testing tools (preferably PHPUnit)
- Socious covers the full cost of an employee's medical, dental and vision insurance. Additional dependents and family coverage optional and at cost to employee.
- Employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan immediately. Socious will match contributions at a rate of 100% of the first 3% of salary and 50% of the next 2% of salary. All matching is vested immediately.
- Employees accrue 8 hours of time off per month (12 days per year). This time may be used for either sick days or vacation. At any time, an employee may borrow up to 40 hours of future accruable paid time off. Socious observes 9 paid holidays each year (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve Day). Plus, two Floating Holidays to be used at your discretion.