HP Automation Engineer
- Denver, CO
Founded in 1996, SofTec Solutions is a leading IT Consulting Services firm for Federal, State & Local Government, Commercial and Healthcare industries. We pride ourselves on building strong relationships with our candidates and clients to find just the right match. We look for candidates who go beyond the norm of the usual employee and are hungry for new learning experiences and situations. Because of our resources we have been listed for 3 consecutive years in the Inc. Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies in America.
Job Title: HP Automation Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Be a key player/deployment lead in a team dedicated to high capability systems management and automation. Help to engineer, implement and drive adoption of the HP Data Center Automation Suite. Work with the existing systems management team doing the design and implementation. Instrument key workflows. Document as-built solutions. Train and transfer knowledge to permanent staff.
Experience designing and deploying the HP Data Center Automation Suite Including: Operations Orchestration, Network Automation, Server Automation and related use of the uCMDB/DDMA
Related Skills and Experience
- 5 to 10 + years hands on operational experience in large scale non-homogenous datacenter operational environments.
- A solid understanding of Enterprise Class operating systems (Windows Server & Linux, AIX, HPUX)
- Architectural and systems level understanding of data center OSS, networking, server infrastructure, virtualization technologies, storage systems, monitoring systems, and three tier client server applications.
- Proficiency multiple programming and/or scripting languages such as KSH, Bash, CSH, TCSH, Perl, Python, C#, Java Script, C/C++ and Java.
- Working knowledge of SQL and ability to maintain applications incorporating SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS.
- Knowledge/Experience in monitoring and managing systems including VMWare ESX, AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Windows Server, Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Solid understanding of networking elements, concepts and protocols including Firewalls, Routers, Load Balancers, Switches, VLANs, TCP, SNMP and so on.
- Understanding and preferably experience deploying discovery and dependency mapping in conjunction with CMDB deployment and maintenance.
- Experience in high availability data systems – clustering, replication, snapshots, mirroring, and other DR and business continuity practices
- Experience in troubleshooting server, storage, and network issues and problems
- Experience monitoring and providing analysis for systems management across multiple operating system environments
- The ability to work in cross functional teams and across lines of business to develop automated solutions to business problems.
- Work independently and as a technical team member
- Ability to define, document and articulate an actionable solution design and roadmap
- Good organizational skills and the ability to document and communicate complex concepts
- Working knowledge of ticketing systems and tools such as Remedy and Service-Now
- Basic familiarity with ITIL processes, in particular Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management
Additional preference for candidates with knowledge and experience with the following:
- The HP BSM suite (OM, OMi, OMi TBEC, NNM/NNMi, RUM, BPM, Sitescope, RTSM/uCMDB and Diagnostics)
- HP Universal Discovery (a.k.a. DDMA) with HP Universal CMDB
- HP Service Health Reporter, Health Analyzer and Optimizer
- LANDesk Scripting
Need Local candidates only