Multimedia Director - TeleSouth Communications, Inc.
- Ridgeland, MS
For over 30 years, TeleSouth Communications, Inc. has been providing high quality broadcast services to listeners throughout Mississippi. With properties such as the SuperTalk Mississippi Network, the Mississippi Network (Mississipi AgriNews Network and News Mississippi Network), and seventeen (17) owned and operated radio stations, TeleSouth Communications, Inc., headquartered in Jackson, is seeking a dynamic, creative and innovative leader to serve as its Multimedia Director. The successful candidate will offer a compelling strategic vision that strengthens and extends the brands at TeleSouth Communciations, Inc.
Working independently, the selected candidate will be responsible for managing relationships with outside programmers; cooperating with the outside design team and managing development of the graphic interface; converting and uploading text and images while supervising internal and external editors creating content with the WordPress CMS and assisting with SEO and online marketing, etc.
The Multimedia Director (webmaster) duties will also include but are not limited to development and implementation of online media communications strategies by identifying appropriate Internet and social media tools to ensure proper representation and brand positioning. The specialist will manage content on all Telesouth Communication, Inc. websites and new media channels of communication including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Linkedin and blogs. The Telesouth Multimedia Director should be able to debug issues that arise with the performance of the website, and have hands on knowledge to be able to work directly with third party vendors and IT vendors to trouble shoot issues with the site when needed and required.
Multimedia Director will plan for future changes to the websites. Beyond the focus of day-to-day activities, the improvement of the websites as a whole is a necessary. As the Internet evolves, the Multimedia Director’s job is to stay current with software and hardware that can improve the success of the Telesouth Communication, Inc. brand online.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- At least five years (5)of experience with web site and web application development and operation
- Knowledge of interactive website architecture and technologies
- Hands on experience working with websites built on WordPress platform
- Experience working with mobile/app development. Detailed understanding a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-based environment while demonstrating a clear passion for results.
- Collaborate with TeleSouth Communications, Inc. leadership in planning, technology selection, design, and budgeting of all web properties, initiatives and social media endeavors
- Manage design development, testing, and deployment of new website features
- Ensure sites meet quality standards -- usability, content standards, etc.
- Monitor site usage, performance, and availability
- Manage site hardware and software configuration
- Provide support for online marketing and advertising campaigns with the goal of increasing platform traffic
- Search for, present and implement new areas of web-based revenue
Friday, June 21, 2013 at 5:00 pm CST
Submission of Resume and Letter of Interest
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Both of the items above are required in order to apply.
- A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
- TeleSouth Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status, or sexual orientation. Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, disability accommodations will be provided, as needed.
- If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification form, I-9. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at TeleSouth Communications, Inc.