- Build and maintain relationships with Staff, Commissioners and City Council members across the cities involved with the South Bay Bicycle Coalition
- Propose and advocate for aggressive but reasonable CIPs, budgets and policy decisions in those cities to further the implementation of the South Bay Bicycle Master Plan
- Inform and turnout supporters as key decisions/actions are being taken related to plan implementation
- Educate decision-makers about bicycle policy best-practices with visual and written evidence from other cities
- Inform the public about the benefits of cycling
- Serve as the spokesperson for SBBC at conferences, community events, public hearings at to the media
- Organize & run successful infrastructure campaigns that engage all stakeholders, build support, and generate more awareness of SBBC
- Establish quarterly fundraising goals
- Spearhead events to meet these goals
- Meet and solicit funds from potential major donors and sponsors
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities
Community Organizing/Stakeholder Involvement
- Reach out to non-profit organizations, particularly ones with the biggest city hall clout to build positive relationships
- Outreach to underserved communities and build relationships with community based organizations that serve their needs
- Engage communities with high bicycle potential such as schools, aerospace employers, civic, and recreation groups.
- Develop relationships with local businesses, BIDS, and Chambers to create supportive partners for planned bikeways, provide discounts to SBBC/LACBC members, and support cycling for shopping.
- Organize a range of engaging events to educate stakeholders, gather input for the planning process and provide bicycle safety and maintenance education.
- Conduct community bike audits and participatory planning exercises to engage stakeholders around the development of their bicycle plan.
Membership and Volunteer Development
- Work with Board to finalize and implement membership structure
- Recruit and organize volunteers to represent SBBC at community events
- Maintain membership database
- Grow our base of dues paying members
- Prepare and send monthly newsletter
- Maintain the website and social media outlets for SBBC
- Review and respond to inquiries
- Prepare monthly reports and track time on outreach activities
- Finalize agenda and attend all general and board meetings
- Facilitate yearly Strategic Planning activities