- Beaumont, TX
A Beaumont Plant situated on the Gulf Coast in Southeast Texas.
This is a direct hire opportunity with a global company that is also an excellent place to work. This opportunity offers a compensation package above industry standards, as well as an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health, dental, and vision insurance, and paid time off.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, and planning of the logistics systems. Duties include:
- Expedite and route movement of incoming and outgoing cargo and freight shipments in train, trucking terminals, and shipping docks.
- Prepare and examine bills of lading, shipping manifests, dock orders, etc., and determine shipping charges and tariffs.
- Assist with the tracking of all raw materials and products by analyzing reports and inputting data into the SAP system.
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of all modes of raw material and product transportation including pipeline, truck, rail, and marine.
- Dispatch, route, and track transportation, vehicles, such as vessels, barges, trucks, or railroad cars.
- Maintain copies and files of all regulatory reports, vessel load reports, discharge reports, pipeline pumping tickets, product quality analysis, etc.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
- Previous experience working in Logistics preferred.
- Previous experience working in SAP preferred.
Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.