- Atlanta, GA
Leading Edge Software Solutions for the Utility Industry
For four decades, SEDC has provided cutting-edge software solutions to utilities around the country. We believe in harnessing technology to integrate every aspect of your business, and we’re constantly creating innovative new ways to streamline workflow and improve efficiency. That’s why our flagship utility software program, utilityPOWERnet (UPN), delivers a vast array of Billing, Accounting, Engineering, and Operations functions. UPN’s comprehensive, intelligent, and flexible design, together with the experience and expertise of SEDC’s top-notch support staff, make it the perfect platform for any utility. And we personally work with every utility to make sure our software meets all your individual needs.
We are a leading financial software development and services company for the utility industry, looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Technical Services team.
The Systems Administrator will have responsibility for:
- Serving as primary customer contact for incoming technical services issues
- Responding to telephone, email, and fax requests for technical support.
- Monitoring and following up with customers on open issues.
- Appropriately escalating customer issues
- Serving as primary contact for after-hours support coverage on a rotating basis.
- Builds, maintains, and deploys virtual machines using VMware
- Distribute company provided software updates, OS, and third party software applications by building OS images, performing kick-start installations, or creating in-house shell or RPM packages
- Ability to travel to customer sites installations, upgrades, product demonstrations and training as required (15% to 20%)
- Customer Service Skills to ensure that customer interactions are professional and demonstrate the highest possible level of service.
- Previous experience in customer phone support in a technical environment
- Motivated, works well with others, requires little supervision
- Ability to forecast requirements for company and projects, and deploy these changes proactively.
- This position requires on-call support duties on weekday evenings and Saturdays.
- 1-2 years of Previous Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or HP-UX / Unix shell scripting (work place experience only).
- Knowledge and experience with SQL query language, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Developer.
- Oracle flashback recovery.
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
· Skilled in use of common Linux/UNIX scripting languages, including but not limited to bash, dos batch, and building of RPM packages Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Also a plus if you have any Certifications – Preferred not required.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- HP-UX Certified System Administrator (HPCSA)
- Dell Hardware Diagnostic Support Engineer (DSET)
*THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY