Network Administrator/Engineer, Mid-Senior Level
- Atlanta, GA
Leading Edge Software Solutions for the Utility Industry
For four decades, SEDC has provided cutting-edge software solutions to utilities around the country. We believe in harnessing technology to integrate every aspect of your business, and we’re constantly creating innovative new ways to streamline workflow and improve efficiency. That’s why our flagship utility software program, utilityPOWERnet (UPN), delivers a vast array of Billing, Accounting, Engineering, and Operations functions. UPN’s comprehensive, intelligent, and flexible design, together with the experience and expertise of SEDC’s top-notch support staff, make it the perfect platform for any utility. And we personally work with every utility to make sure our software meets all your individual needs.
Seeking a mid-senior level Network Administrator/Engineer to join our Information Technology team.
To qualify for this role candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a network administrator or network engineer with skills in:
- Windows administration, active directory, exchange and other windows products,
- LAN/WAN system adminstration,
- Various Backup/Recovery methodologies and strategies,
- Tuning, optimization, and advance troubleshooting of Windows and Cisco products,
- VMWare, SAN, iSCSI switching, and other virtualization technologies.
The right person will be:
- A Team-player with outstanding communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective collaborative working relationships.
- A strong problem-solver
- Adept at working with all levels of the organization, end-user to sr. leader.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Learn and help maintain/monitor uptime and security stance for a payment card processing network. A requirement will be to obtain the PCI ISA (internal security assessor) certificate.
- Assist with planning and implementation of complex projects related to Microsoft active directory and exchange across three different companies.
- Maintain a WAN based on MPLS between three endpoints.
- R&D in network systems and related technologies. Understand and recommend new technologies.
- Work with internal customers, third party vendors as required.
- Other network support activities and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- CCNA Certification
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Administrator
- Strong background with Windows administration
-Experience with tuning, optimization and advanced troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of backups and recoveries
-Experience with VMWare, SAN, iSCSI switching and other virtualization technologies