Senior Manager, Retention Marketing
- 3035 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, USA
- Department: DTC & Performance Marketing
SPANX isn’t your average company… we revolutionized an industry with just $5,000 in savings and zero outside funding. Our founder and CEO, Sara Blakely, was named one of TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the world. We are in the fashion and retail industry but we don’t obsess trends, rules or traditional ways of doing things. Rather, we invent solutions and hold several patents. We are focused on reinventing wardrobe basics that have earned cult-followings from customers around the world, earning Spanx shout-outs from the world’s most famous women. We are a high-growth, digital company with an iconic brand that earned its reputation for over 20 years by delivering amazing products, and staying true to our greater mission of supporting and elevating women. We don’t believe “pain is beauty” and we don’t believe “business is war.” We run our business with kindness, empathy, intuition, creativity, integrity… and fun. We don’t believe you have to act serious to be taken seriously. We dream big, think forward and give back. We challenge the status quo, aim high and celebrate our “oops” moments. We test and learn and we aren’t afraid of failure. We think like entrepreneurs in everything we do and we look for people who are self-starters, kind, creative and out-of-the box-thinkers. If this sounds like you, join us! And help us make the world a better place... one butt at a time.
SPANX is seeking a highly innovative, data-driven, customer-focused senior marketing manager to drive and own its customer lifecycle and retention efforts. The person in this role will lead the charge to ensure that every SPANX customer is properly nurtured throughout their lifecycle, with a particular focus on cross-selling and up-sell strategies that will drive lifetime value. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, motivating, influential, and has a passion for leveraging data insights into creative campaigns, communications, and programs that will add substantial value to the SPANX customer experience. They will become the expert on our customer base (who they are, what they like, etc.) and use tactics such as on-site engagement, email, SMS, direct mail, and package inserts to accomplish their objectives. They will be responsible for the measurement of those tactics and providing a feedback loop to internal stakeholders. They should also have experience collaborating cross-functionally, with teams including marketing operations, data science, and product. This position reports directly to the Director of Growth Marketing.
You will love it because you will...
- Responsible for budget management as well as strategy and execution of retention programs (Email, SMS and Direct Mail – catalog/inserts)
- Responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly channel performance reporting as well as tracking to key KPIs and forecasts
- Quantify the business impact of retention programs and continue to evaluate and refine program to maximize program effectiveness.
- Identifying trends in the data what can inform retention roadmap/longer term initiatives
- In partnership with the Director of Growth Marketing, develop customer forecasts, aligning goals with business priorities, but backed by actionable retention plans and initiatives.
- Oversee the on-going campaign development, execution, and management of retention programs, executed across marketing channels and consumer touchpoints, to achieve customer and financial business goals.
- Oversee and develop content strategy for retention programs in partnership with creative team
- Transform customer data into actionable insights, defining key KPIs, to track program effectiveness, customer migration and loyalty over time. Ensure data is interpreted and provided in an accurate, actionable, and consistent manner to internal teams.
- Develop, manage, and scale lifecycle marketing - existing and new customer loyalty strategies to drive business goals, including but not limited to, customer retention, full price sales, promotions, etc.
- Develop playbooks for promotional versus non-promotional driven retention strategies
- Ensure that campaign setup and execution support category strategy and goals, aligning with Growth Marketing team and cross-functional partners to make shifts to strategy to support
- Partner with Paid Partnerships, Senior Manager to plan and integrate affiliate content into retention strategy, reporting out results monthly to further the testing roadmap
- Partner with Product team to ensure the customer experience on spanx.com delivers on the marketing strategy but also aligns with their sprint cycles
- Manage promo code strategy across all retention channels
- Create and facilitate a formal process to report and update all key partners and senior leadership on all programs, initiatives, and customer KPIs, while working closely with our Product team and third-party partners to ensure customer data availability and integrity for reporting, analytics and campaign management
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional partners to support programs that will profitably grow the business, maximize customer retention, acquisition, and reactivation
- Work with digital product team to maintain marketing pixels on spanx.com, checking regularly to ensure they are capturing data as intended
- 7+ years of work experience in digital marketing
- Retention marketing experience in lifecycle programs, segmentation and automation strategy. Retail/DTC organization experience a plus
- Strong ability to assess competing priorities and multi-task
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate several internal processes, procedures, as well as data and content development processes
- Proven ability in synthesizing and interpreting data and customer insights into successful marketing strategies.
- Strong leadership skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong strategy and analytics skills, with an advanced understanding of success metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, plus ability to clearly articulate and express complex and sometimes technical ideas to a wide variety of people and groups at any level
- Experience with Optimove and Google Analytics is a plus
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and creative; thrives on thinking outside of the box to create new best-in-class customer experiences
In 2000, Sara Blakely had a party to go to, a pair of white pants and a struggle to find the right undergarments. So, she cut the feet out of her control-top pantyhose, creating a smooth canvas to wear under her clothes. Through sheer tenacity and a strong belief in herself, she revitalized the hosiery industry and created a new category. Since her original invention of footless pantyhose, SPANX has created thousands of other products – all centered around creating wardrobe solutions and empowering customers to look and feel their best. We dream big, think forward and give back. We challenge the status quo and aim high. We hustle hard, but we never take ourselves too seriously… because where’s the fun in that?
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.