Underwriter UK - London
- London, United Kingdom
Spotcap is a leading global fintech company operating in the trillion dollar online lending space. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters – their business. Spotcap operates in five countries and is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with a local presence in the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Australia and New Zealand. We are growing rapidly!
We are an international team of finance, engineering, marcomms and business professionals from more than 25 countries. Our most important asset are the masterminds behind Spotcap - our people. We are always looking for like-minded people who want to join us in empowering SMEs and evolving the finance industry.
We are looking for an Underwriter for the UK market. You will manage a book of loan applications, utilise, and further develop your functional expertise in credit analysis by learning from an experienced risk team. This is a key function at Spotcap where you will be supporting Spotcap’s international expansion by making meaningful lending decisions to SME companies.
In this role you will be…
- Analysing and verifying financial and non financial information to determine the creditworthiness of our SME clients.
- Verifying information on client's applications and evaluating fraud risks.
- Given the responsibility to make independent credit decision within your own delegated authority.
In close contact with our borrows to ensure an excellent client's experience.
- Making recommendations for the development of systems, processes and Spotcap's policies and guidelines.
- Mentoring and training junior credit analysts.
- Directly supporting the business by enhancing the quality of credit applications as well as making recommendations to colleagues to ensure that commercial opportunities are maximised while adhering to Spotcap's policies and guidelines.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of London.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook.
Our ideal candidate has…
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in financial services as an Underwriter or Credit Analyst for the UK market.
- A university degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics or other related numerical subject.
Experience in the SME sector (preferred), however experience within the consumer, commercial, or mortgage sector is also of interest to us.
- A sound understanding of financial ratios, credit reporting agency data, and experience in analysing financial statements.
- A solid grasp of UK credit bureau data and ancillary sources.
- Strong analytical capabilities and excellent Excel skills.
- A strong work ethic with great attention to detail.
- A team player with an ability to work independently while contributing to the success of our team at the same time.
- Strong English language skills (mandatory).