Front End Engineer
- Hoboken, NJ
Spreemo is a unique opportunity to network and grow your career in a casual, friendly and supportive environment. We are a startup that provides a platform for healthcare communication between patients, doctors, radiology centers, specialists, and insurance companies. Our web-based model has proven successful at connecting various healthcare stakeholders thus far and we are now building a foundation to expand our platform nationwide.
Located, within 15 minutes of New York, New York in Hoboken, NJ the Spreemo community regularly organizes happy hours, bowling nights and Brooklyn Nets games to take advantage of the rich culture of the area. We’re open to new ideas and looking for individuals who want to make an impact at a growing company
Love learning new ways to implement functional code? Enjoy solving complex technical problems? Looking for an opportunity to further your career working with other experienced developers? As a Front End Engineer at Spreemo you will have the opportunity to impact healthcare and get paid competitively to do it. We’re looking for a mid-senior level software engineer who is passionate about their craft. You will be responsible for working with the Engineering Design Team to develop a unique application that increases collaboration and transparency in healthcare.
- BS in Computer Science or closely related technical field.
- 3+ years professional front-end engineering experience.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills in a server-side programming language (for example Python, Ruby, or PHP).
- Familiarity with MVC (for example Django, Rails or Zend).
- Strong HTML, CSS, JS, and Ajax skills.
- Experience writing native, cross-browser JS as well as using JS libraries (for example YUI or jQuery).
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- Comfort with Unixbased systems.
- Comfort with standard software development tools (for example Bugzilla, Git, and Ant)
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing.
- Expert implementing beautiful, functional, cross-browser interfaces.
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop or Fireworks.
- Knowledge about server-side and client-side security and performance issues.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (for example Amazon Web Services or Google App Engine).
- Familiarity with functional programming (for example Lisp, Scheme or Haskell).
- A flexible, challenging, fun team environment.
- Company sponsored happy hours/lunches.
- Paid vacation time!
- Office located 20 minutes from NYC on the Hoboken waterfront.
- Health benefits.
- The ability to grow your career and skill set.
- Employee stock/equity plan.
- Competitive compensation.
No recruiters please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.