Bilingual Collection Support Specialist Sr.
- Dallas, TX
Our team is Springleaf Financial Services, one of the nation's largest consumer finance companies. With over 90 years of lending, we can help others bring their dreams to life with loans, retail financing, and other credit related products. We may be able to help you realize your dream of a better career. Our team members enjoy working in an exciting industry, in a diverse work environment that offers great advancement opportunities, competitive salary and incentive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Contact us today to learn more about joining our team and starting your career!
Provide administrative and clerical support including processing customer payments, handling bankrupt accounts and providing telephone support to customers and vendors. Provide support to Collection Attorneys and Agencies. Process correspondence from bankruptcy courts, attorneys and collection agencies. Knowledge of litigation and/or bankruptcy is a plus.
Learn and perform one or more of the following functions:
- Handle incoming calls from Springleaf branch personnel, customers, and external vendors,
- Process the following:
- Incoming/returned mail as well as payment stubs
- Vendor remittances, including balance procedures
- Credit history disputes by consumers
- Customer payments on a daily basis including researching exception items
- Bank return and collection items
- Document requests
- Settled/paid accounts and credit balance reimbursements
- Direct checks and inquiries
- Insurance claims
- Bankruptcy notices, discharges, dismissals, reaffirmations and file proof of claims
- Manual letter requests with appropriate enclosures
- Research returned plastics and forward to customer as necessary
- Complete check requests and process branch checks
- Prepare and deliver bank deposits on a daily basis
- File reports and other internal documents
- Perform preliminary research or unidentified payments
High school or GED w/ 1 year accoutning/bookeeping, cashiering, or customer service
High school or GED w/ 3 years business experience
Bilingual Skills Preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Smoking is prohibited in all Springleaf offices.