Financial Sales Representative &ndash Consumer Loan Officer (Finance)
- Milford, OH
Our team is Springleaf Financial Services, one of the nation's largest consumer finance companies. With over 90 years of lending, we can help others bring their dreams to life with loans, retail financing, and other credit related products. We may be able to help you realize your dream of a better career. Our team members enjoy working in an exciting industry, in a diverse work environment that offers great advancement opportunities, competitive salary and incentive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Contact us today to learn more about joining our team and starting your career!
If you are a motivated and competitive individual with an interest in building a rewarding financial services career with an industry leader, join the Springleaf Financial Services team! We are one of the nation’s largest and oldest consumer finance companies and we are looking for a full-time Financial Sales Representative to provide our clients with personal loans. From lead generation and sales presentations through the entire application and loan processing cycle, you will provide clients with expert guidance and advice for their consumer loan needs. You will also perform client follow-up and collection duties on past-due accounts.
You will receive comprehensive and structured on-the-job and Internet-based training in all aspects of lending, servicing and collecting in order to ensure your success with us. We also offer a variety of professional development options, including advancement to management positions. With over 90 years in the consumer lending business, Springleaf Financial is the perfect place for you to grow a great career for yourself. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we want to talk with you!
As a Financial Sales Representative, you will receive:
- Competitive compensation package
- Production-based bonus incentive
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunities to grow into a management role
- Diverse work environment
- Paid insurance licensure
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Life and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plan
- Diversified 401(k) program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Wide range of discounts (cell phones, home internet, health clubs, etc.)
- Wellness program
- Step-Up Program provides matching contributions and two hours per month to dedicate to a wide variety of non-profit organizations
As a Financial Sales Representative, your work is what drives our business! You will be responsible for all phases of the loan cycle. This will include initial client contacts, face-to-face meetings at your office, analysis and processing of applications and collections duties. You will also represent the face of Springleaf Financial Services to our clients, so you must also present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
Your specific duties as a Financial Sales Representative will include:
- Building solid relationships with customers (both individual & business) as well as employees
- Successfully soliciting and selling our products through customized sales techniques
- Generating leads via cold calling and warm-calling/follow-up calls to current and past customers
- Specializing in our financial services and becoming an expert who can effectively recognize customer’s needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Handling the entire loan processing cycle; gaining experience evaluating loan applications, performing risk analysis and underwriting, making credit decisions, and administering loan closings
- Offering additional insurance products
- Handling all aspects of past due account adjustments, including repayment of delinquent accounts, overcoming objections and finding alternatives to delinquency
- Filling in at other local Springleaf Financial Services branches as needed
As a Financial Sales Representative, you must be a self-starter who is energetic, competitive and driven to succeed. You must also have a high degree of accountability, willingness to learn and the desire to build a long-term career. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility with clients.
Specific qualifications for the Financial Sales Representative position include:
- 4-year college degree (strongly preferred) or high school diploma or equivalent plus 4 years related experience
- Proven math, organizational, cash handling and problem-solving skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment credit and criminal background checks
- Willingness to work some weekday evening (until 8pm) and some weekend hours (until noon).
- Dependable automobile transportation and valid driver's license
- English/Spanish bilingual skills, a plus
- Leadership experience in college activities or in work background, a plus
- Retail performance-based sales ability or experience (customer-facing environment, goal objective, etc.) a plus
- Customer service experience, a plus
If you believe that this is the right opportunity for you, then wait no longer.
- Visit our website at www.springleaffinancial.com
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to Company Information
- Click on Careers
- Select View Branch Opportunities
- Directly under Branch Opportunities, click on the link labeled View Current Branch Opportunities
- Select your location
- Proceed with the application process