- Katy, TX
Sprouts is a neighborhood grocery store with the feel of an old-fashioned farmers market. Our bright, friendly stores are filled with everyday staples and specialty items at a great value. You’ll find mountains of fresh fruits and vegetables, barrels of wholesome grains, nuts and sweets, full-service deli, meat and seafood counters—complete with homemade burgers and sausages. Roam around our spacious aisles and you’ll find fresh baked goods, eclectic beer and wine, gourmet cheese, sensibly-priced vitamins and supplements, and thousands of natural, organic and gluten-free groceries. Our friendly and knowledgeable team members are here to help you make healthier choices that are better for you and your budget.
To apply please visit our website; http://sprouts.com/careers
The Deli Clerk is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and ensuring that safe food handling practices are maintained and adhered to.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Prepares vegetables and meat for prepared meals; prepares sandwiches.
- Prepares "fresh and easy meals" while maintaining strict adherence to Company recipes.
- Properly cuts, wraps and scales deli items.
- Operates slicer, wrapping and cooking equipment; assists in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition.
- Assists with inventory; assists with unloading, stocking, facing, filling and rotating merchandise.
- Strict adherence to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations; observes temperatures within cooler and cases and reports failures to management.
- Assists Deli Manager as needed.
- Has knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store.
- Answers phones and takes special orders.
- General housekeeping in the department; cleans and sanitizes work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent and experience working in grocery, restaurant, or related field; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees.
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction.
- Good communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to perform repetitious activities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Requires standing for prolonged periods of time; occasional walking; climbing a 2 step stool.
- Repetitive arm and hand movements; manual dexterity to wrap, package and stock product up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 70 lbs. frequently; push and pull up to 100 lbs. and move product up to 300 lbs. using a pallet jack.
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes.
- Requires vision for working with sharp knives, slicer, box cutter and related equipment; will need to determine spoiled or damaged product.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.