- Katy, TX
Sprouts is a neighborhood grocery store with the feel of an old-fashioned farmers market. Our bright, friendly stores are filled with everyday staples and specialty items at a great value. You’ll find mountains of fresh fruits and vegetables, barrels of wholesome grains, nuts and sweets, full-service deli, meat and seafood counters—complete with homemade burgers and sausages. Roam around our spacious aisles and you’ll find fresh baked goods, eclectic beer and wine, gourmet cheese, sensibly-priced vitamins and supplements, and thousands of natural, organic and gluten-free groceries. Our friendly and knowledgeable team members are here to help you make healthier choices that are better for you and your budget.
To apply please visit our website; http://sprouts.com/careers
The Vitamin Manager ensures excellent customer service by giving prompt, friendly, and knowledgeable information and guidance on our large selection of supplements and related products. This position is responsible for one of the most popular departments in our Stores, including strong product knowledge, leadership and supervision, ordering and inventory control, sales events, gross margins, and ensuring friendly customer service.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Orders and maintains inventory levels of supplements and related departmental products.
- Ensures product is stocked, faced and clean.
- Trains and supervises vitamin department employees, and leads by example.
- Maintains a neat, orderly and efficient department.
- Opens and closes store as needed.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of vitamins, supplements, and other health and beauty items in the department.
- Assigns duties to workers and schedules work hours, vacations, and break periods in accordance with State Labor Laws and Sprouts policies.
- Trains workers in store policies, department procedures, and job duties.
- Orders merchandise, supplies, and equipment.
- Records delivery of merchandise, compares record with merchandise ordered, and reports discrepancies to control costs and maintain correct inventory levels.
- Inspects merchandise on the sales floor to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed.
- Works with Buyer and Store Manager to determine additions to or deletions of inventory, based in part by information obtained through careful and frequent evaluation of sales reports and current market trends.
- Prepares sales and inventory reports.
- Listens to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations.
- Follows Sprouts policies and procedures on maintaining a variety of logs and reports.
- Assists team in research and acquisition of any item/items requested by customers in a timely manner.
- Assists sales workers in completing difficult sales.
- Sells merchandise by helping customers locate product; provides guidance on use and differences in types of products without "prescribing"; goes above and beyond to meet customer needs.
- Displays an extensive understanding and knowledge of natural foods supplements, human anatomy, and makes suggestions to consumers based on this knowledge.
- Plans, follows through with, and maintains department merchandise and promotional displays.
- Properly merchandises goods in the department.
- Maintains Gross Margin of the department.
- Ensures shelf labels and signs are accurate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented with college courses in nutrition or related field, and a minimum of 1-2 years of vitamin, homeopathy, or holistic experience with leadership duties; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of vitamins and supplements, and a passion for holistic health.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively manage in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing using ladders to reach shelves.
- Squatting and bending.
- Standing and walking for long periods.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.