Customer Service Representative
- Phoenix, AZ
Sprouts is a neighborhood grocery store with the feel of an old-fashioned farmers market. Our bright, friendly stores are filled with everyday staples and specialty items at a great value. You’ll find mountains of fresh fruits and vegetables, barrels of wholesome grains, nuts and sweets, full-service deli, meat and seafood counters—complete with homemade burgers and sausages. Roam around our spacious aisles and you’ll find fresh baked goods, eclectic beer and wine, gourmet cheese, sensibly-priced vitamins and supplements, and thousands of natural, organic and gluten-free groceries. Our friendly and knowledgeable team members are here to help you make healthier choices that are better for you and your budget.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
The Customer Service Specialist answers customer questions, provides information, troubleshoots problems, and takes care of customer complaints with the goal of ensuring a positive customer experience. This position serves as the "face" of Sprouts in providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty.
The Customer Service Specialist ensures delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of special orders. This position also assists in developing customer service training for store personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Answers calls and emails from customers professionally and responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a prompt, professional, and friendly manner.
- Researches required information using accessible resources.
- When appropriate, writes correspondence to customers.
- Resolves complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or other actions within assigned authority.
- Provides customers with Sprouts’ service and product information.
- Processes special orders requested by customers.
- Identifies and escalates priority issues and reporting to management.
- Communicates and coordinates with internal departments, and occasionally may need to escalate calls to supervisor for resolution.
- Routes inbound calls to the appropriate resources when possible.
- Follows up on complicated customer calls where required.
- Completes call logs and call reports as necessary and updates them in the database.
- Obtains and evaluates all relevant data to handle complaints and inquiries.
- Records details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
- Assists Customer Relations Manager in the development of effective customer relations training at stores.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-3 years’ customer service experience and a high school diploma, general education degree or equivalent preferred; or an acceptable combination of experience and education.
- Requires high energy, resilience, excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must enjoy helping people, have a tactful manner and have a good memory that allows for recalling product details, policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adequately and completely respond to customer inquiries.
- Ability to utilize appropriate discretion and judgment in dispensing information, which may be susceptible to misunderstanding or misuse.
- Ability to understand the customer’s needs quickly and develop appropriate response, and to apply effective and empathetic listening in conversations with customers.
- Ability to read, comprehend and utilize reference manuals.
- Experience in developing and presenting customer service training helpful.
- Ability to relate to others and to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn about, natural food products.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Ready Desk and TCI-HQ preferred.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.