- Glendale, AZ
Sprouts is a neighborhood grocery store with the feel of an old-fashioned farmers market. Our bright, friendly stores are filled with everyday staples and specialty items at a great value. You’ll find mountains of fresh fruits and vegetables, barrels of wholesome grains, nuts and sweets, full-service deli, meat and seafood counters—complete with homemade burgers and sausages. Roam around our spacious aisles and you’ll find fresh baked goods, eclectic beer and wine, gourmet cheese, sensibly-priced vitamins and supplements, and thousands of natural, organic and gluten-free groceries. Our friendly and knowledgeable team members are here to help you make healthier choices that are better for you and your budget.
To apply please visit our website; http://sprouts.com/careers
The Deli Manager is responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes of the Deli Department to Sprouts standards. This position supervises Deli Department employees, and ensures proper training, correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, rotation of merchandise, and building of displays. Greets and interacts with customers to provide exceptional service in a casual and professional environment.
The Deli Manager is responsible for working closely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, and Assistant Deli Manager to ensure the success of the store and department through excellent customer service and a demonstrated passion for food.
Essential Job Functions
- Warmly greets and engages customers; assists with selection and purchases of prepared or packaged grocery/deli items; provides helpful and friendly service; acts as role model to Deli Department team.
- Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders product and supplies so as to meet customer requirements and the company's gross profit goals.
- Maintains inventory levels to insure the highest quality of freshness for products.
- Checks and verifies all deli deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing from vendors. May help unload merchandise and transport to sales floor or storage area.
- Schedules Deli Department employees, oversees and participates in their training, rewards and recognizes their performance and delegates their work assignments so as to most effectively utilize their talents and abilities while maximizing profits for the department.
- Develops and implements merchandising plans.
- Maintains a clean, full, fresh and dry case at all times; keeps merchandise fresh in compliance with all health code regulations and Sprouts standards.
- Ensures quality deli product through proper rotation procedures, monitoring cases for damaged items, and following all health and sanitation guidelines; ensures all inferior out of code products are not sold and removed from display in a timely manner pursuant to Sprouts standards.
- Ensures all products are accurately priced and sale prices are up-to-date.
- Prepares, maintains and tracks inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
- Monitors budgets and payroll records, and reviews financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Investigates and resolves complaints regarding food quality and customer service.
- Controls deli expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, by controlling labor costs and by reducing losses due to damages, spoiled product and shrink.
- Maintains effective housekeeping program.
- Arranges for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinates a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
- Ensures employees work and operate deli equipment in a safe manner at all times complying with OSHA and Sprouts requirements.
- Responsible for obtaining and documenting food handler permits and any other licenses required by law.
- Ensures compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws.
- Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Tests cooked food by tasting and smelling it to ensure palatability and flavor conformity.
- Identifies areas in Deli Department where improvement in customer service is required, then implements changes and procedures to address these needs.
- Maintains accurate department records on all important matters, including employee performance and corrective actions, sales plans, etc.
- Performs staff duties as required such as slicing and working the counter, assisting in making deli platters, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 2 years deli department experience, plus 2 years supervisory experience, high school diploma or GED, and strong knowledge of deli or related food service, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Strong ability to work well with people.
- Demonstrated ability to provideexcellent customer service.
- Good math skills.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following areas: work skills, written and verbal communication, problem solving, leadership, interpersonal skills and motivation.
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation procedures/guidelines.
- Demonstrated"passion" to work with food and enjoy working in a fast pace food service environment.
- Requires flexibility to work a varied work schedule, including nights and weekends, and varied work locations.
- Appropriate food handler's certificate/card.
- Must be able to tolerate various physical requirements outlined in physical descriptions assessment, including but not limited to long periods of standing and walking, repeated bending, squatting, twisting and stretching, repeatedly lifting up to 50 lbs. during a standard shift, and other requirements.
- Work in varied temperature controlled environments (refrigerator, freezer, and hot food preparation).
- Must be at least 18 years old due to equipment usage.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.