- Glendale, AZ
Sprouts is a neighborhood grocery store with the feel of an old-fashioned farmers market. Our bright, friendly stores are filled with everyday staples and specialty items at a great value. You’ll find mountains of fresh fruits and vegetables, barrels of wholesome grains, nuts and sweets, full-service deli, meat and seafood counters—complete with homemade burgers and sausages. Roam around our spacious aisles and you’ll find fresh baked goods, eclectic beer and wine, gourmet cheese, sensibly-priced vitamins and supplements, and thousands of natural, organic and gluten-free groceries. Our friendly and knowledgeable team members are here to help you make healthier choices that are better for you and your budget.
To apply please visit our website; http://sprouts.com/careers
Fresh produce is among the most sought after products by our customers and is considered a key department in our stores. The Produce Manager is responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to company standards to maximize sales and gross profit. This position ensures all new department associates receive proper training and supervision and will ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and building of displays.
The Produce Manager is responsible for working closely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, and Assistant Produce Manager to ensure the success of the store and department through excellent customer service and a demonstrated passion for food.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints; lead by example.
- Maintains an inventory that is seasonal, tasty and visually attractive.
- Maintains awareness of the demographics of customers to increase revenues.
- Keeps updated on special produce needs that arise for holidays, as well as trends in cooking and recipes that affect consumer demand.
- Ensures accurate and timely ordering to prevent losses that result from produce that spoils before it can be sold.
- Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders product and supplies so as to meet customer requirements and the company's gross profit goals.
- Schedules Produce Department employees, oversees and assists with their training, rewards and recognizes their performance and delegates their work assignments so as to most effectively utilize their talents and abilities while maximizing profits for the department.
- Develops and implements localized merchandising plan for the department, sets up and creates displays for new and seasonal items as well as items that are tied-in with other department promotions, in order to meet the sales and profit objectives of the store and the department.
- Prepares, maintains and tracks inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
- Follows established departmental procedures for receiving merchandise including inspecting the product when delivered, pricing the product and restocking cases to insure freshness and quality, accuracy and product rotation.
- Controls department expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, by controlling labor costs and by reducing losses due to shrinkage and pilferage.
- Maintains effective housekeeping program.
- Keeps merchandise clean and fresh so as to meet all health department regulations, pass sanitation inspections and meet company standards.
- Ensures that Produce Department employees work and operate equipment in a safe manner at all times, complying with OSHA requirements; enforces safety, health, and security rules.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and government weights and measures laws.
- Develops and maintains communications with other departments in order to devise marketing plans, which will help meet the financial objectives of the store; keeps Store Manager fully informed of these actions.
- Identifies areas in the Produce Department where improvement in customer service is required, then implements changes and procedures to address these needs.
- Maintains accurate records on all important matters, including associate performance and corrective actions, sales plans, etc.
- Also performs duties of staff as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in a grocery retail setting required; previous management experience in the retail, grocery, produce or restaurant industry preferred
- Experience executing goals, effectively creating change, and increasing efficiency.
- Knowledge of perishables is require.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Basic math skills for ordering and inventory
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment at all times with all levels of employees
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Appropriate food handler's certificate/card
- Requires standing, walking, bending, climbing throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50lbs. or more
- Weekend, evening and holiday work will be required in the position; flexible store assignments
- Minimum age for employment is 18
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary