Senior InfoSec Engineer
- Vienna, VA
Spry Methods, Inc. is a mature and flexible small business offering Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Enterprise Resource Planning, Financial Management, Business Process Consulting, C5ISR, and Systems Engineering services to government and commercial clients. Founded in 2001, Spry's solid reputation as industry experts has steadily fueled the growth of the company, which now comprises over 100 professionals. As an ISO 9001:2008 registered company, Spry is committed to quality and continuous improvement. Our professionals pair industry knowledge and experience with unmatched responsiveness to consistently deliver superior support to our customers within the DoD, Federal Civilian, and Intelligence Communities. Spry is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
For more information, visit www.sprymethods.com.
Spry Methods is seeking a Senior Infosec Engineer with a Top Secret Clearance for a Federal Client located in Northern Virginia.
The Senior Infosec Engineer performs leadership activities that bridge technical development and production, identifies and implements new technologies, and troubleshoots technical issues, offers guidance and recommendations to government and contract leads as needed. This individual works with the senior engineering team to plan and complete projects on time to meet operational needs with a focus on security related issues. This individual will also evaluate and recommends various technologies to protect current and future mission objectives from possible cyber threats.
The Senior Infosec Engineer is responsible for staying current on the latest security threats, becoming intimately familiar with networks and systems, updating, tuning IDS/IPS devices to include security event analysis, vulnerability assessment of Windows and Linux hosts and patching, upgrading and configuring IDS/IPS sensors. Recommend ways to expand the intrusion detection and prevention deployment in order to support a defense in depth strategy and SOC infrastructure. This individual must be a good team player and have a CAN DO attitude.
Essential Job Functions:
- Experience with network security and forensic tools, specifically Splunk
- Coordinates and reviews documentation and implementation plans of new IDS/IPS software and hardware
- Uses various IDS/IPS technologies (McAfee and Cisco) to fully analyze and identify threats to IT assets
- Performs the daily tasks of an IDS/IPS Engineer
- Utilizes Cisco IDS/IPS management servers to analyze network traffic
- Works closely with teammates to implement technology, troubleshoot and resolve security related issues
- Coordinate team resources to diagnoses and resolve operational issues that involve hardware, software, storage and networking troubleshooting
- Cisco IDS/IPS Management
- CCNA Certification
- Security Event Analysis
- Network Engineering
- Linux Systems Administration
- Microsoft Windows Administration
- Security +
All candidates must have an active Top Secret clearance and be able to obtain a SCI clearance with CI Poly to be conducted by the FBI
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.