Software Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
- San Francisco, CA
We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to accept credit cards—and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since.
For sellers, we’re creating one cohesive service to run your entire business, from a register in your pocket to analytics on your laptop. For buyers, we’re making it faster to order from the businesses you love and more fun to pay your friends back.
Buying and selling sound like simple things—and they should be. Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard to make commerce easy for everyone.
About the Software Engineering Manager, Infrastructure role (San Francisco)
The Seller Experience team is looking for an infrastructure focused Engineering Manager. The team empowers our merchants to take full advantage of Square’s product suite and features. We help sellers easily find the products they need, get started with those products, and engage fully with the features within those products. Our subteams include onboarding, engagement, growth optimizations, analytics & reporting, and dashboard apps.
Our engineering teams focus on build beautiful web apps and create highly available services that form complex distributed systems. If you're interested in helping revolutionize the world of being a seller and love delivering product driven software, we want to hear from you.
- Lead product engineering teams to develop new features and services.
- Guide the development of scalable product architecture.
- Build systems and services that have immediate impact on our partners and customers.
- Mentor engineers for their technical and career development.
- 8 + years of software development or equivalent experience
- 1 + year of management or equivalent experience
- Experience developing product infrastructure and web services
- Experience developing server-side code
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby, JRuby, Rails
- Java, Jetty, protobufs, JSON
- MySQL, Redis, HBase, Hadoop, and Kafka
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.