User Acquisition Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
We started with a simple idea - that everyone should be able to accept credit cards - and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since. For sellers, we’re creating one cohesive service to run your entire business, from a register in your pocket to analytics on your laptop. For buyers, we’re making it faster to order from the businesses you love and more fun to pay your friends back. Buying and selling sound like simple things - and they should be. Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard to make commerce easy for everyone.
Square's strength as a brand name is supported by a dedicated Acquisition Team that drives new user growth through numerous ROI positive channels. The team is looking for a savvy Direct Response Marketer to help deliver growth by continuing to scale and optimize online and offline campaigns.
The role will touch all channels and have particular focus on working with Square's continually expanding Direct Mail program. You’ll work cross functionally with creative teams, product managers, SEO, and content to help drive incremental value out of existing programs.
At Square, we are data-driven in everything we do and work tirelessly to optimize our attribution and LTV. You should have a creative, innovative approach anchored in an obsession with analytics.
Execute online and offline paid marketing campaigns; coordinate with internal and external partners to launch scalable acquisition programs
Write project/creative briefs to define program objectives and KPIs
Develop A/B tests within existing channels to improve creative/targeting efficiencies
Manage tracking and reporting of programs to understand ROI of marketing efforts
Create and deliver performance reports of paid marketing channels, provide actionable insights for senior management and stakeholders, and collaborate on quarterly progress reviews
Find ways to optimize programs to maximize new user acquisition
Manage vendor relationships and deliverables, often spanning large budgets
- Coordinate the legal and business approval of campaign deliverables among stakeholders
- BA/BS with 2-4 years of relevant post-university work experience in the field
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, directly managing campaigns and analyzing results
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate metrics, KPIs to explain various channel behaviors and provide recommendations
- An energetic and willing attitude
- Able to adjust and work cross functionally with different audiences like creatives, technical engineers, analysts, executives and other marketing stakeholders
- The ability to summarize results into actionable recommendations for senior executives
- Excel and Project Management skills
- Strong interest and accountability in working for a quantitative financial services company
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.