Business Intelligence Analyst, Growth
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square’s Growth and Retention Marketing team engages with our Sellers every day through a broad range of communication channels, both in house as well as through our partners. As an Analyst, you will play a critical role in driving the development and ongoing enhancement to key reporting infrastructure, tools and analytics that will enable the team, as well as key stakeholders to optimize effective engagement with our sellers.
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas with standardized metrics and definitions for the growth marketing team
- Partner with business analysts to define their data and reporting requirements, and translating them into definitions and technical specifications (PRD)
- Partner with Analysts and Business users to develop self-service reports, dashboards, and metrics to inform business insights
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues
- Assist in tool selection for data discovery and advanced dash boarding
- “Own” data sets consumed by internal customers, both from quality and performance (SLA) prospective
- 1+ year of experience with advanced SQL writing for data extraction and reporting
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Experience doing SQL tuning for ETLs and extraction (experience with columnar storage a plus)
- Prior experience writing ETLs and understanding dependencies, retries, etc
- Experience in creating validation to manage ETL processes (fatal errors, alerts, timing of scripts, etc)
- Understanding of various data modeling concepts (star/snowflake schemas, normalized vs de-normalized, etc).
- Basic scripting skills (expected to ramp up on the job, Python or Ruby)
- BI/Visualization tool experience (Tableau, Looker)
- Experience crafting business-oriented KPIs, analyses, and recommendations
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.