Channel Marketing Manager
- London, United Kingdom
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square is looking for a data-driven, retail marketer to join our London team as our Channel Marketing Manager. Reporting into the Head of UK Marketing, you will be responsible for driving retail growth by developing marketing strategies for Square hardware across our retail partners and growing our retailer base. The ideal candidate will have experience in channel marketing across multiple retail partners, managing retailer relationships including onboarding new partners, demand and sell-through forecasting, product launch / transitions and annual co-marketing campaign planning and execution. They will feel comfortable interacting with senior management and external partners, & will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
You will also partner with operations teams to manage supply, demand and new product launches, with a core focus on sales planning, demand forecasting, co-marketing and data analysis.
- Own all existing retailer relationships and communications and liaise with our distribution partners
- Develop and implement the overall channel strategy for growing Square’s retail footprint and sell-through
- Manage annual co-marketing, merchandising and promotional calendars with key retail partners
- Oversee co-marketing creative development and execution
- Manage retail channel demand forecasting and inventory planning
- Manage new product launches in retail and any product lifecycle management
- Partner with operations teams to manage supply and demand as well as new product launches
- Lead new retail partner identification, negotiation and onboarding
- Ensure unified messaging, consistent branding, and collaboration across all retail campaigns in conjunction with the content, growth and communications teams
- Manage all relevant retail and field marketing agencies to ensure best-in-class retail execution
- Work closely with the US retail team to leverage best practices and share learning
- A BA or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 4 years relevant channel marketing / retail account management experience
- Experience in developing and executing co-marketing and promotional marketing campaigns across multiple retailers
- Proven capability managing and optimising retail channels, closely monitoring demand and sell through and balancing promotional / co-marketing spend to maximise ROI
- Experience with managing budgets, reporting on performance, and presenting to senior leaders
- Experience managing in-store POP / creative development and production
- Strong analytical capabilities and proven experience using data to make marketing decisions and evaluate marketing performance
- An integrated marketing mindset and excellent understanding of the role retail plays in the overall customer experience and brand growth
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and global team environment
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.