Senior Product Security Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a Product Security Engineer at Square, you will be responsible ensuring the security of Square"s products. In this role you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our products amaze and delight our users.
- Act as subject matter experts on information security for their respective business units Identify, measure, and report on security and privacy risks
- Help GMs and product managers prioritize roadmap items in order to balance security and business risks Identify cross-cutting security concerns and work with security engineering teams to develop common solutions and infrastructure
- Deep technical understanding of common security vulnerabilities and risks, as well as countermeasures and compensating controls
- Strong business sense, with entrepreneurial or startup experience preferred
- 5 (or more) years of demonstrated experience in product development, strategy, and market research
- Previous professional information security experience, with penetration testing or "breaker" experience preferred Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- Ability to work well with designers and engineers
- An analytical and metrics driven work style
- Prior experience at a startup or consumer internet company
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment Passion for Square and new technology
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.