Senior Software Engineer, Caviar Restaurants
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
The Caviar Restaurants team is responsible for building all the tools that make our restaurants partners delighted to work with us and enable them to grow their business. As the seller-focused team on Caviar, we are leading initiatives to integrate Caviar services more closely with Square’s platform. As part of the team, you’ll lead projects that involve collaboration with teams across Square and will help realize Caviar’s next opportunity for 10x growth.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to define the products and features we are building
- Own engineering product and feature development from ideation and design to development and putting in production
- Collaborate with multiple teams across Square to integrate Caviar into their services
- Give time back to our restaurant partners and streamline our internal operations by building self-serve tools
- Develop up and down our stack, which includes Rails, PostgreSQL, Ember, SCSS, docker, AWS
- Follow agile practices
- Make hungry people happy.
5+ years of development experience
Experience developing and owning products and features from beginning to end
Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization.
Experience working in Ruby on Rails.
Drive to write and ship production software.
Experience leading, and/or desire to lead, development of large and complex systems
- Experience with modern front-end technologies (eg: Ember, React, etc)
- Past experience integrating with external APIs and providing APIs for third parties.
- You have worked in real-time logistics or restaurant facing tools.
- A real passion for good food.
Technologies we use and teach:
- AWS, Docker, ElasticSearch
- Postgres, MySQL, Redis
- Rails, RxJava, RxSwift, Ember.js, React, Sass
- Scikit-Learn, OSRM
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.