Associate General Manager, Bay Area
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
Square is building the future of food ordering as a part of a broader ecosystem of products to help businesses grow. We are looking for an entrepreneurial Associate General Manager of our Bay Area business. The Associate General Manager is an extraordinarily talented individual who will lead the way as we expand our business across individual orders, teams orders, and catering. You'll be making key decisions that include managing restaurant partnerships, working with our marketing team to develop creative restaurant-oriented marketing campaigns, thinking through the best ways to integrate our recent Zesty acquisition with our classic Caviar team and model, and helping the team meet and beat financial targets.
You are hungry to succeed and will do whatever it takes to make it. You're organized and self-disciplined with a willingness to take on big challenges. You will get the freedom to experiment, developing and implementing solutions with quick data-based feedback and iteration.
A strong candidate possesses a mix of strategic problem-solving skills, strong prioritization capabilities, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit and grit. You need to have a get-things-done attitude, constantly use and interpret data, make quick decisions, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. To accomplish your goals, you’ll need to have the empathy and confidence required to connect with cross-functional team members, restaurants, couriers, and customers alike.
Someone with a desire and ability to sell and manage restaurant partner relationships, drive strategic projects, and who is looking for general management experience would make an ideal candidate.
The job is located at Square HQ in San Francisco. The Associate General Manager role has direct interaction and access to a seasoned leadership team.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a results-driven sales, account management, consulting, or business development role, with strong preference for a management consulting background
- World-class people, sales, and relationship-building skills
- A proven ability to get things done, manage your time and prioritize for impact
- A knack for designing your efforts to scale through smart process and collaboration
- The judgment to operate autonomously while collaborating closely with others
- Strong communication skills and the ability to consistently keep colleagues, team members and other key stakeholders aligned
- A deep love of amazing food, restaurants, and the desire to consistently provide an exceptional experience to stakeholders and customers, both internally and externally
- An analytical mindset: you are comfortable with data and you analyze metrics to deliver on growth objectives
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.