Bilingual (Spanish/English) Customer Success Advocate
- New York, NY
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Squares know that great customer success is provided by both people and products. We are seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual who is dedicated to providing world-class support by exceeding expectations through each interaction with Square merchants and customers. They will use their proximity to customers to identify issues that will continually improve the customer experience. The ideal candidate is a fiercely loyal advocate for our customers, a creative problem-solver, and a collaborative team member. This person is energized by working with people, while still being a strong independent worker.
- Effectively solve customer inquiries via phone, email, and Twitter using a CRM tool
- Hold a high bar for the ownership of customer interactions
- Identify, document and follow up with engineers on product bugs and features
- Advocate for customers by identifying trends in issues and suggesting improvements to processes, policies and products
- Recognize errors and draft improvements to content in the external Support Center and internal documentation
- Collaborate with members of other teams to root out answers and be a resource to teammates
- A degree from a 4 year university preferred
- Both English & Spanish fluency, both spoken and written
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, while possessing the ability to inspire passion in others
- Experience in direct customer or client-facing roles
- Interest in implementing feedback and dedicated to the improvement of your skills and work
- Strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
- The ability to quickly adapt to new situations and think on your feet
- Excellent time-management skills
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience
- A passion for Square and customers engaging with Square products
- This is a full-time (40/hr week) position
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.