Supplyside Optimization and Growth Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
As our business continues to grow at a fast pace, we are looking to grow our world-class courier fleet and continue to optimize overall delivery time and utilization metrics. At the same time, we have recently acquired a catering business, and are actively integrating it into our existing operations, while preparing it for scale.
We are looking for a dynamic operations manager who has a savvy analytical mind but is constantly pushing to hack and test within existing product limitations in order to inform where our product and approach to growing Caviar from a supply-side should be. Someone who can be both a highly analytical problem solver moving the needle on delivery time metrics AND an empathetic community builder who will guide our approach on courier and captain onboarding, communication, and retention. You’ll be able to look at an unrationalized set of hourly pay amongst our catering captains and find the perfect solution to keep our scaling business cost efficient while ensuring desirable jobs and income to our captains. This will be a logistics-focused role with a heavy emphasis on data analytics, people communications, testing and iteration, and program management.
To thrive in this role, both solving for scalable growth in an excel model as well as speaking to and understanding the supply-side users of our product (i.e., Couriers and Captains) will both be areas that give you energy and excite you when coming to work each day.
- Ensure there is always the right balance of supply and demand, an ask that will require consistent attention and learning.
- Be the expert on the Bay Area team for all operational metrics and our go-to for running and piloting operational tests, where our market is truly your sandbox.
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives.
- Own roll-outs, experiments, and pilots in our HQ market that will be first iterations that frequently distribute nationally and/or inform new product features.
- Constantly pilot new ideas and efficiencies.
- Identify places to streamline and improve operations and help improve or innovate new processes.
- Develop analytical frameworks, build models, and present structured thoughts to inform strategic decision-making.
- Manage 1-2 people to ensure all the i’s are dotted, t’s are crossed, and that we keep pushing forward.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action.
- Strong problem solving skills with keen ability to support decisions with data.
- A highly organized, process-driven approach.
- The ability to structure a well designed model as well as give a motivational speech in a large room environment.
- Strong aptitude in spreadsheets.
- Experience with Looker or SQL is a plus.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.