San Francisco Catering Hub Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
The San Francisco Catering Hub Manager is ultimately responsible for the operational and financial health of the San Francisco Catering Hub. The role reports to the Caviar Catering Hub Operations Lead.
Square recently acquired Zesty, a white glove corporate catering service, to integrate with its Caviar business. Through our Zesty business we service the top tech companies in the Bay and deliver food from the healthiest, tastiest, best restaurants around. Our clients love working with us due to best-in-class service, support, and hospitality. How do we accomplish this, you ask? Through well-run, well-oiled operating centers that we call “hubs”.
What happens in a hub you might ask? Catering Captains (the folks who serve food at clients) are in and out of hubs throughout the week, ensuring that they and the client-sites have the needed supplies to service client orders. This means confirming food lists to ensure the right food is leaving the restaurants, picking up disposable cutlery or paper goods as needed, and even relaxing after a hard day of work in the Captain lounge.
Each hub has a Catering Hub Manager who oversees daily operations. As the San Francisco Catering Hub Manager, you are ultimately responsible for the financial and operational health of your hub. You ensure your teams have the resources they need and the business can continue to grow. You will drive best practices, practical process changes, and ensure the hub is a healthy, happy, efficient working site. You will work collaboratively with support, account management, sales, human resources, engineering and operating staff to do so.
- Be the voice and inspiring lead for your hub; you are a culture bearer and the reason your Captain community will thrive
- Build strong relationships with Captains, contributing to their retention in the community
- Help develop and ship all needed trainings and processes, ensuring consistency of their use in your hub
- Be the ultimate “buck-stops-here” for Captain performance and promotion decisions
- Support all legal, compliance, real estate, or people-related needs
- Ensure your hub meets labor utilization and cost-efficiency goals
- Collaborate across teams and functions to allocate resources and better the product
- An “if you don’t see it, build it” approach
- A process-driven nature and an eye for detail
- Project management skills and experience
- Exceptional people management skills
- Strong analytical skills and structured problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
- Expert knowledge in MS Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience managing large scope complex teams of upwards of 150+
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.