Learning Services Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
Caviar has three customers whom we empower with our food ordering platform: Diners who order, Restaurants who fulfill, and Couriers who deliver. Our unusual three-sided marketplace presents Caviar Support with a fascinating set of challenges. We have multiple Support teams serving different constituents in different channels on different Products. We’re looking for a thoughtful, experienced Learning expert who will take an analytical approach to learning and development across a diverse Support organization.
You will work alongside Product Specialists within Support to craft intuitive and timely training content. You will take a broad approach to training with an eye towards reducing time to proficiency for supporters. You’re always looking for ways to up-level the skills and knowledge of tenured supporters by selecting when and how to implement continued learning programs. You ensure our team is fully prepared to support our ever-evolving and rapidly growing product. This role will focus less on first hand training delivery and more on content, strategy, and training our trainers. Our Learning Services Specialist will have an outsized impact on the quality and performance of Caviar’s Support team.
- Create a holistic 30, 60, 90 day training plan that optimizes for supporter quality and speed to proficiency.
- Develop strategies for continued learning for tenured supporters.
- Ensure Product updates and supporter best practices are distributed and internalized by agents
- Work closely with our offshore partners to distribute new content and train their trainers. This may involve occasional travel overseas.
- Establish style guides to set the tone for content creation.
- Coach other content creators on our San Francisco team.
- Maintain internal knowledge bases and find ways to put it at the fingertips of supporters.
- Analyze the success rates of new hires and use that data to refine our hiring profile.
- Be accountable for the quality and performance of recently graduated and tenured supporters.
- The ability to deliver results with minimal oversight. You are self-motivated and require little direction.
- Experience working with and creating training content for overseas agents.
- 3+ years of experience in Learning and Development in a business setting.
- A willingness to get your hands dirty to understand the problems that face our customers and our team.
- A background in education/learning services is a plus.
- An analytical, data-focused mindset.
- A deep grasp of educational concepts from content creation to delivery to coaching.
- A track record of results in a metrics-driven environment.
- The ability to work cross functionally with teams within Caviar as well as cross-culturally with Caviar partners.
- A deep love of amazing food, restaurants, and the desire to consistently provide an exceptional experience to partners and customers, both internally and externally.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.