Software Engineer (Front-End), eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA
Weebly was acquired by Square in May 2018. Founded in 2007, Weebly is a complete platform that allows anyone to start and grow an online business with curated website templates, powerful e-commerce and integrated marketing. More than 40 million entrepreneurs around the world use Weebly to grow their customer base, fuel sales and market their idea. Designed for any entrepreneur who wants to reach a global audience, Weebly gives everyone the freedom to create a high quality site and store that works brilliantly across any device. Weebly offers a range of pricing options, including free and premium consumer plans, as well as enterprise offerings and is consistently the highest rated website building mobile app in the App Store and Google Play.
Square's Commerce team is a full-stack team creating technology that allows our merchants to sell their products online. We are developing systems to allow merchants to manage their catalog, set up shipping and taxes, take online payments, manage their orders, and more.
Were seeking a Full-Stack Engineer who is passionate about building applications to help our merchants manage their business on a daily basis. You will build features to create a world-class experience for our merchants and their customers.
- Build our Weebly Commerce platform.
- Build elegant user-facing web experiences that combine intuitive interfaces with a smooth performance at scale.
- Build systems that manage sensitive customer data while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Achieve the levels of reliability and correctness that merchants expect when they entrust Square with their financial transactions.
- Empower millions of small merchants to focus on their businesses and not their business technology.
- Innate curiosity and a desire to build products that merchants depend on.
- Experience building large web applications in a distributed environment and can make pragmatic engineering decisions.
- Track record of pursuing self-directed side projects, research, or open source projects
- 5+ years of industry experience
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.