Caviar Live Ops Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
Caviar Live Operations ensures every Caviar delivery goes as smoothly as possible. On demand food delivery is an incredibly difficult logistical challenge. By providing fast support to couriers. shepherding troubled orders, and monitoring the logistical health of all Caviar markets, we strive to make every diner experience remarkably unremarkable.
Caviar is looking for an experienced candidate who can be responsible for the operational health of Caviar in-flight orders every day, every hour that diners need us. Your goal is to keep critical orders moving smoothly - spotting risks and resolving problems quickly while supporting our market management team. You will manage communication with diners, couriers and restaurants, intervene to save at-risk high-value orders, and work with the product team and tools specialist to improve our ability to identify degraded service.
At Caviar, we care about more than just meeting KPIs. You will have the opportunity to plan and execute special projects that create measurable improvement in our monitoring and order-tracking systems. You will collaborate with other team members to drive product changes for couriers, diners and merchants.
In order to succeed, you’ll learn the core job of interacting with couriers, diners and restaurants to inform strategic decisions. You’ll operate in a highly autonomous environment which empowers you to make decisions. Every day you’ll brainstorm, collaborate, and implement operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Monitor live orders and intervene to protect the courier, diner and restaurant experience
- Make data-based recommendations for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of monitoring and order intervention capabilities
- Gather performance metrics for a range of sources and summarize in regular reports
- Handle escalations and special projects from other Caviar team members on in-flight issues
- Collaborate closely with Caviar’s Local Markets, Operations, and Product teams to solve partner needs, communicate best practices, and inform our business and product strategy
- Drive high impact projects, constantly looking for ways to improve Caviar live operations
- Operate in a highly autonomous environment which empowers you to make decisions
- Strategically brainstorm, collaborate, and implement operational improvements and efficiencies
- At least 2 years of professional work experience, preferably in Operations
- Demonstrated history of meeting metrics and KPIs
- A proven ability to get things done, manage your time and prioritize for impact
- A knack for designing your efforts to scale through smart process and collaboration
- The judgment to operate autonomously while collaborating closely with others
- An ability to identify upstream blockers and prioritize solutions
- A drive to consistently deliver results and exceed expectations
- A strategic-thinking mentality and a hunger to learn
- Proven history of customer support (required)
- Experience working with data, specifically with SQL or similar systems
- BA/BS preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- A deep love of amazing food, restaurants, and the desire to consistently provide an exceptional experience to stakeholders and customers, both internally and externally
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.