Senior Risk Analyst, Cash
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are looking for senior risk analysts to join the Square and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked. We derive valuable insights from our extremely unique datasets and turn those into actions that improve the experience for our customers every day. As a senior risk analyst at Square, you will work alongside data scientists, engineers, and product teams to improve our ability to detect fraud and manage risk for the entire Cash App.
- Explore our vast data sets to identify and investigate new fraud trends or patterns.
- Collaborate closely with our risk data scientists and surface key risk insights and analyses that improve our risk systems and machine learning models.
- Work with product teams launching new features to help advise them on risk strategies and policies.
- Talk directly to our customers to gain qualitative insights regarding risk and security
- Communicate your work with team leads and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Be a part of and help build a best-in-class risk organization.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience (risk, fraud, analytics, etc.)
- A BS/BA in Business, Economics, Statistics, Math, or a related technical field.
- Advanced proficiency with database querying technologies (e.g. MySQL or similar)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- An appreciation for the connection between your work and the experience it delivers to customers
- A passion for Square’s mission and desire to grow professionally.
Technologies we use and teach
- MySQL (or similar)
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.